Change mobo with windows 8.1

Go to solution Solved by homeap5,
1 hour ago, ZFGeek said:

Yeah, I was just afraid that it wouldn't want to download drivers correctly. 

Even XP looks for drivers at hardware change (if you successfully boot it) and new versions are much better (have more drivers built-in). Win8.1 should recognize it, don't know what about license but that is another question that you must solve later - first upgrade your hardware and good luck.

I am thinking about changing my CPU/motherboard since I am running am3+, so is it possible to do so with windows 8.1 pro?Thanks!

Windows is just an operating system. It doesn't really have relation to you changing hardware unless you are referring to updating drivers etc.

It will recognise the hardware change and should just sort itself out. Even more so with Win10. Get yourself onto 10. Good luck.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

2 minutes ago, userzero said:

Windows is just an operating system. It doesn't really have relation to you changing hardware unless you are referring to updating drivers etc.

It will recognise the hardware change and should just sort itself out. Even more so with Win10. Get yourself onto 10. Good luck.

1 hour ago, ZFGeek said:

Even XP looks for drivers at hardware change (if you successfully boot it) and new versions are much better (have more drivers built-in). Win8.1 should recognize it, don't know what about license but that is another question that you must solve later - first upgrade your hardware and good luck.