My USB 3.0 won’t fit, please HELP

Luddy †

I’ve just installed my new ASUS Z270-A mb. Its

my first time replacing motherboards. I’m trying to fit back the usb 3.0 cable, but according to the manual for where it supposed to fit, it won’t. I have no idea what to do. Please help

1EBA661A-447F-4604-959E-B9F60690F85E.jpeg

5BE8B9B5-CD46-4052-BC33-09EA28853B98.jpeg

23176BF0-1166-4630-8D91-4342E1A2803C.jpeg

To me it looks like you have some kind of adapter attached to the Cable... Please try to pull that one off and you will see a slightly smaller Connector with a little Nose.

This one will fit without any problems, just try not to force it in, since the Pins inside the Connector break very easily.

The Black nose you can see on your third picture is the plug itself, im sure you have some kind of adapter on there.

Just now, Alexokratis said:

The Black nose you can see on your third picture is the plug itself, im sure you have some kind of adapter on there.

Yes I think that is a adapter to.

You broke your previous mobo by removing the cable too forcefully, and now part of the mobo(the usb 3.0 socket) is stuck to the cable. Remove the remains of the mobo from the cable(the cap looking thing), and then insert the cable into the motherboard.

And when removing it the next time try to be more careful.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

You broke your previous mobo by removing the cable too forcefully, and now part of the mobo(the usb 3.0 socket) is stuck to the cable. Remove the remains of the mobo from the cable(the cap looking thing), and then insert the cable into the motherboard.

And when removing it the next time try to be more careful.

Also, before trying to attach it to the new Mainboard, look out for any stuck Pins on the Connector on the Cable. Otherwise you will break off Pins on your new Motherboard.

It’s literally impossible to

pull off... I’m trying to pull the black side thing in and it won’t depart.. my fingers hurt

44 minutes ago, Luddy † said:

It’s literally impossible to

pull off... I’m trying to pull the black side thing in and it won’t depart.. my fingers hurt

Be careful, but use pliers.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Update: it separated in the end (after giving up and destroyed the header to separate it). The USB works on the new MB tho, but I doubt it will work on the old one tho.

Would not say it’s the biggest issue that a PC can have, but yea, still sucks. Can’t belive how stuck it was. I thought t was supposed to separate, but in the end I thought “maybe it it doesn’t?” And that’s why I posted here. 

Thanks for for all the reply’s. Helped a lot.