Ryzen master oc problems.

So. I’ve overclocked a few chips in my shirt lifetime. But I thought of giving my r5 1600 a go as I noticed I was getting a max of 49c. So as you do, start off slowly. I bumped it up to 1.3v and to 3.5ghz. Boot cycle. So resettled the cmos and everything is fine. So what I’m saying is am I setting the voltage too low? But saying that, this is a very mild overclock and I didn’t really expect it to draw much power and rather close to stock. Thanks in advance :D

Try keeping the voltage at stock and seeing how far you can go on that before you have to up the voltage.

For a little bit of reference, my Ryzen 5 1600 hits 3.8Ghz on 1.3v. I was able to reach 3.7Ghz on stock voltage without problem.

I also used Ryzen Master.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Try keeping the voltage at stock and seeing how far you can go on that before you have to up the voltage.

For a little bit of reference, my Ryzen 5 1600 hits 3.8Ghz on 1.3v. I was able to reach 3.7Ghz on stock voltage without problem.

I also used Ryzen Master.

I’ll have to try in the norning as I have an early start in the morning. But I’ll give it a go! And to be honest, I don’t even want a big oc. Just around 3.7ghz. So thank you! I think I’ll try it in the bios tho!

1 minute ago, Thmyrke said:

I’ll have to try in the norning as I have an early start in the morning. But I’ll give it a go! And to be honest, I don’t even want a big oc. Just around 3.7ghz. So thank you! I think I’ll try it in the bios tho!

BIOS overclocking is nicer, you don't have to manually enable it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, Thmyrke said:

So. I’ve overclocked a few chips in my shirt lifetime. But I thought of giving my r5 1600 a go as I noticed I was getting a max of 49c. So as you do, start off slowly. I bumped it up to 1.3v and to 3.5ghz. Boot cycle. So resettled the cmos and everything is fine. So what I’m saying is am I setting the voltage too low? But saying that, this is a very mild overclock and I didn’t really expect it to draw much power and rather close to stock. Thanks in advance :D

Im at 1.265V at 3.85Ghz and running fine. i have an r1600 with asrock B350 mobo

as others said, try the bios :)

Just now, ZeusXI said:

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Alright! Thanks guys!

On 27/08/2018 at 11:17 PM, ZeusXI said:

On 27/08/2018 at 11:13 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Turns out ryzen master just sucks lol. 3.9ghz ftw!!!