New Custom PC--Frequent Blue Screens

Go to solution Solved by infinitytec,

I think I got it.

It was the RAM. Both sticks and slots are working, however, thanks to the vague instructions in the manual (and me not thinking too much about it), I put the RAM in slots A1 and A2. I have the RAM now in A2 and B2, and things are going well.

My new build has been having a plethora of BSODs.

image.png.3b871091708975620b592b1fd678ba31.png

I believe all drivers are up to date and the BIOS is on the latest version.

Here's some pictures of the errors:

20180826_204305.jpg?width=400&height=30020180826_204145.jpg?width=226&height=30120180826_195034.jpg?width=400&height=30020180826_203244.jpg?width=400&height=30020180826_203244.jpg?width=400&height=30020180824_230545.jpg?width=400&height=30020180824_230546.jpg?width=400&height=30020180826_205955.jpg?width=400&height=300

No rhyme or reason that I noticed that contributes to it.

21 minutes ago, infinitytec said:

I am going to try reinstalling Windows today or tomorrow.

Yeah do that. Did you get the boot drive from a different PC or something? When switching platforms always do a clean install of windows

2 minutes ago, HayHay said:

Yeah do that. Did you get the boot drive from a different PC or something? When switching platforms always do a clean install of windows

Nope--fresh, brand new m.2 WD Blue SSD. I downloaded a new iso, just in case there is an issue with the old one.

1 minute ago, infinitytec said:

Nope--fresh, brand new m.2 WD Blue SSD. I downloaded a new iso, just in case there is an issue with the old one.

I doubt it has anything to do with an ISO, but just reinstall windows because of the amount of BSODs and reasons you're getting tbh

Update: I used my old install disc and got Windows 10 on the machine. Before I got to the setup phase I had 2 page file errors. Could this be a hardware issue?

15 minutes ago, Eton said:

@infinitytec have you overclocked? Is your bios overclocking the cpu?

^ this and also check your RAM's timing and if you mobo is overclocking it as well. Had the same issue when I built my last rig and the BIOS was trying to run it with some weird timings and with a 400 MHz overclock.

90% of these BSOD's point towards ram and the rest being drivers, GPU drivers.

So either it's the RAM causing the BSOD's with the GPU being the last thing searched for, which then shows it as the cause, or it is actually the GPU.

They could both be likely given the BSOD's, but I would point more towards the RAM.

It's not a race to the bottom.

I think I got it.

It was the RAM. Both sticks and slots are working, however, thanks to the vague instructions in the manual (and me not thinking too much about it), I put the RAM in slots A1 and A2. I have the RAM now in A2 and B2, and things are going well.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:25 PM, xyz4512 said:

^ this and also check your RAM's timing and if you mobo is overclocking it as well. Had the same issue when I built my last rig and the BIOS was trying to run it with some weird timings and with a 400 MHz overclock.

Nope. No OC. But I think I got it.

The funny thing is that, after I fixed this problem, I was getting BSoDs when trying to play Blu-Ray Discs in VLC. However, I discovered it to be a problem with my new RX560 and hardware acceleration, so I manually set the HA to the supported option.