SSD boot order

marcemarc30
Go to solution Solved by mikedrewsmy,

Sometimes the Windows Boot Manager just chooses to boot from the older HDD.
What's best is for you to insert the Windows Installation USB/Disk and just format the older HDD using that.

Hi guys i recently installed a sansung 860 evo ssd, and transfered my data from my hdd to the ssd, then went to bios and changed the boot oder, everything worked fine until yesterday my pc decided to change the boot order back to my hdd, any ideas why this happened??

Thanks

Sometimes the Windows Boot Manager just chooses to boot from the older HDD.
What's best is for you to insert the Windows Installation USB/Disk and just format the older HDD using that.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

Go in to your BIOS settings and make sure the boot order is set and saved as the SSD. You may not have saved the settings properly when you changed it the first time.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Go in to your BIOS settings and make sure the boot order is set and saved as the SSD. You may not have saved the settings properly when you changed it the first time.

i thought i had saved it but done it again anyway, it only done it the once so far, seems to be ok now

1 hour ago, stefanDB said:

could also be an empty cmos battery, how old is your motherboard?

its only a year old its a Z270E, dont think the motherboard has a problem but i dont know to much about them