Want to boot without CPU Fan

VinzHD
Go to solution Solved by Mick Naughty,

Go to monitoring in the bios and set cpu fan to ignore. 

I did it for awhile but just turn the rpm minimum down as I put my pumps on the cpu header. 

Hello,

I currently got a z97 pro gamer motherboard  from asus and a dark rock 4 from be quiet! My case has got pretty decent airflow so i don't want to use the included cpu fan. But i can't boot without it because it shows "CPU Error". Any solutions?

If you have the heatsink properly placed, the CPU should last until windows without burning so I don't think that "CPU Error" comes from the heatsink not having a fan but something else. Maybe leave some more information or pics.

GL

Just now, vascobrissos14 said:

If you have the heatsink properly placed, the CPU should last until windows without burning so I don't think that "CPU Error" comes from the heatsink not having a fan but something else. Maybe leave some more information or pics.

GL

Sorry i mean CPU Fan error. I currently got a pwm connector from the fractal design define r6 connected to the cpu fan header. When i connect the be quiet fan my pc boots

1 minute ago, ConspiracyTheory said:

Connect one enclosure fan to cpu fan connector. The result is not an error message

i actually got the fan hub connected to that header but it only boots when i connect the be quiet fan to the hub

1 minute ago, VinzHD said:

Sorry i mean CPU Fan error. I currently got a pwm connector from the fractal design define r6 connected to the cpu fan header. When i connect the be quiet fan my pc boots

Have you tried to boot without nothing connected to the CPU FAN Header?

connect the bq fan to the cpu header and the 'hub' to a different header

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

The warning message occurs when there's no fan rpm detected. You can turn this setting off in the bios. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Go to monitoring in the bios and set cpu fan to ignore. 

I did it for awhile but just turn the rpm minimum down as I put my pumps on the cpu header. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

• 4 years later...

what if you cant get into bios it says ctrl alt del to continue but it just reboots the system