Galaxy S7 OS Help

Bit of a wierd one but to put it simply, a relative of mine has a "Galaxy S7" (its a bit shady, as you will find out) and it came with CHINESE, or some sort of OS like that. Regardless it was NOT English and there was no play store, no mail app, no nothing appart from some weird news app which we could make heads nor tails of. She took it to a shop to get fixed and they managed to put English android on it but it is locked to Verizon. 

Looking for recommendations, can I unlock it, would I be better reflashing Android. Please give links to how to do whatever or detail how to do said things below. I also would prefer free options cause in all honesty it may just be easier to buy a new phone than pay to fix this one.

Thanks,

Techo

1 hour ago, Techo238 said:

--SNIP--

Looking for recommendations, can I unlock it, would I be better reflashing Android. Please give links to how to do whatever or detail how to do said things below. I also would prefer free options cause in all honesty it may just be easier to buy a new phone than pay to fix this one.

Assuming it's a REAL Galaxy S7, just from Asia instead of North America, your best bet is checking the XDA-Developers.com forums and doing a lot of research if you've never dabbled with this kind of thing before. It's not that difficult, however, you'll want to be sure to follow guides meant for that exact model of phone, since a Galaxy S7 from one country is NOT the same phone model as one from another country. Qualcom vs Exynos CPUs and cellular radio baseband firmware differ on a per-region basis in some cases, so just know that if you brick the phone you get to keep both pieces.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/guide-onelatest-stock-fw-csc-root-t3702963

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 hours ago, kirashi said:

BAssuming it's a REAL Galaxy S7, just from Asia instead of North America, your best bet is checking the XDA-Developers.com forums and doing a lot of research if you've never dabbled with this kind of thing before. It's not that difficult, however, you'll want to be sure to follow guides meant for that exact model of phone, since a Galaxy S7 from one country is NOT the same phone model as one from another country. Qualcom vs Exynos CPUs and cellular radio baseband firmware differ on a per-region basis in some cases, so just know that if you brick the phone you get to keep both pieces.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/guide-onelatest-stock-fw-csc-root-t3702963

Yeah, I don’t know if the phone is a real or fake, it looks kinda genuine and the camera isn’t crap like I’ve seen from fake phones, it’s not slow or anything but just seemed awful fishy with the Asian OS on it. I’m also from the UK not North America so I think Verizon is the closest thing to the Vodafone network (which is the sim in the phone as of just now).

Thanks for the help though I’ll have a read about that page you linked.