iOS app to pull email from web host

Tazz 316

I'm looking for a iOS mail app to pull mail from my webhost. I have tired the default iOS mail app and it never works right unless i manually refresh. push, fetch etc don't work

My gmail app responds all most instantly when a email gets received to my gmail account, i have tried using gmail to pull mail from my web host but it  can go up to a hour without checking. I can log into cpanel on my web host and see the mail almost instantly.

Thanks for the help.

Have you tried  -- Mozilla  Thunderbird -- very old, but works just fine for me.

Not sure how secure it is.

32 minutes ago, Tazz 316 said:

I'm looking for a iOS mail app to pull mail from my webhost. I have tired the default iOS mail app and it never works right unless i manually refresh. push, fetch etc don't work

My gmail app responds all most instantly when a email gets received to my gmail account, i have tried using gmail to pull mail from my web host but it  can go up to a hour without checking. I can log into cpanel on my web host and see the mail almost instantly.

Thanks for the help.

Depending on how you setup email through your webhost, you can change the sync frequency in many mail apps for IMAP accounts, at least on Android. iOS apps should let you do this too, but I don't have any iOS devices to test this with anymore.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

30 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Depending on how you setup email through your webhost, you can change the sync frequency in many mail apps for IMAP accounts, at least on Android. iOS apps should let you do this too, but I don't have any iOS devices to test this with anymore.

I have it set to check every 15 min and it does not work.

Just now, Tazz 316 said:

I have it set to check every 15 min and it does not work. Mozilla  Thunderbird is windows only.

Just now, Tazz 316 said:

I have it set to check every 15 min and it does not work. Thunderbird is windows only.

Then your server is [most likely] preventing syncing that frequently with devices, or something is configured incorrectly on your particular device, or, lastly, iOS could actually be limiting the sync rate, regardless of what you've got it set to in settings. Sounds dumb, but I've had this happen before when I used to own an iPad. You can test this by adding the same email account to any other device (a laptop, another phone/tablet, or just another computer) using whatever email client is available on those devices.

Also, Thunderbird is available on MacOS, Linux, and Windows, but of course is not a mobile app - you'll have to check the App Store to see if there are other email apps you can test this with.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 hours ago, kirashi said:

Then your server is [most likely] preventing syncing that frequently with devices, or something is configured incorrectly on your particular device, or, lastly, iOS could actually be limiting the sync rate, regardless of what you've got it set to in settings. Sounds dumb, but I've had this happen before when I used to own an iPad. You can test this by adding the same email account to any other device (a laptop, another phone/tablet, or just another computer) using whatever email client is available on those devices.

Also, Thunderbird is available on MacOS, Linux, and Windows, but of course is not a mobile app - you'll have to check the App Store to see if there are other email apps you can test this with.

kirashi you are right, i gave mail bird a try on my PC and any email i send to myself i get right away! so it's not my server it's iOS. 

I don't know if another email app would work better it might just be a limitation of iOS but i will try a few.

Thanks for your help!