Recommendations for Ryzen and GTX 1060 build

Hello,

Recently I decided to build a gaming pc with a budget of 1000-1200 euros. After some research I've come up with the following build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PVgn9J

I already own a Dell SE2717H 1080p 75Hz Monitor and wanna be able to play most of the new games like Tomb Raider, GTA V, PUBG, Fortnite, LoL etc. at 60fps at least. Do you think I should change something in the build? Also, if I could go for a cheaper pc case feel free to recommend. I would appreciate hearing opinions and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

looks like a good build.

the PSU looks expensive for only 550w.

If you wanted to save some more money, you could get a b450 or x370 mobo, but x470 is good.

you could also get a smaller ssd for the boot drive

Looks good, but maybe just wait on buying a gpu - ive been seeing some really low 1070's and stuff recently

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, Derrk said:

looks like a good build.

the PSU looks expensive for only 550w.

If you wanted to save some more money, you could get a b450 or x370 mobo, but x470 is good.

you could also get a smaller ssd for the boot drive

Yea I'll probably get a cheaper PSU cause I don't intend on overclocking.

I think I'll stick with the x470 tho. As for the ssd, maybe I'll buy the 250GB one for now and I'll buy a second one in the future. Also, is my build futureproof for at least 2 years?

10 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Looks good, but maybe just wait on buying a gpu - ive been seeing some really low 1070's and stuff recently

Where have you seen that exactly?xD Here in Greece both 1070 and 1070ti cost 150 euros more than 1060. Plus, I think 1060 6GB is more than enough for my 1080p gaming at 60fps.

1 minute ago, LittleKanye said:

is my build futureproof for at least 2 years?

It'll run fine at 1080, might have to lower settings on higher end titles

11 minutes ago, Slottr said:

ive been seeing some really low 1070's and stuff recently

^^^

for more futureproofing, you might want to wait. I've seen specials already for the 1070 at $400 US

2 minutes ago, LittleKanye said:

Where have you seen that exactly?xD Here in Greece both 1070 and 1070ti cost 150 euros more than 1060. Plus, I think 1060 6GB is more than enough for my 1080p gaming at 60fps.

Oh absolutely, the 1060 is a good card.

But on EVGA's website they've had a bunch of deals and even on newegg. I'd say leave it for like a week if you can wait- if not eh, no problem

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Oh absolutely, the 1060 is a good card.

But on EVGA's website they've had a bunch of deals and even on newegg. I'd say leave it for like a week if you can wait- if not eh, no problem

I'll definitely wait for some time. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Derrk said:

I've seen specials already for the 1070 at $400 US

wait, $400 isnt impressive.......

From a quick google search, best buy has them for $350, and you can find them on ebay for as low as $280 US

1 minute ago, Derrk said:

wait, $400 isnt impressive.......

From a quick google search, best buy has them for $350, and you can find them on ebay for as low as $280 US

Oh well then, let me do some digging although 280 for a 1070 seems like scam to me.

8 minutes ago, LittleKanye said:

Oh well then, let me do some digging although 280 for a 1070 seems like scam to me.

ebay has lots of good deals on 2nd hand cards. Seemed to find several 1070s around the $280 mark.

I found a bid that has just over 1hr left, the current bid is around $200

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fXyFmq
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fXyFmq/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($224.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($107.77 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card  ($389.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1207.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-24 16:22 EDT-0400

better imo, not a fan of MSI mobos.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fXyFmq
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fXyFmq/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($224.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($107.77 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card  ($389.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1207.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-24 16:22 EDT-0400

better imo, not a fan of MSI mobos.

Okay good, cause I was searching for a good gtx 1070 model. Maybe I'll get a cheaper ssd and hdd and put some more money for the rgb trident rams. Thanks!

46 minutes ago, LittleKanye said:

UPDATE: Took Firewrath9's suggestions and put a different case and power supply.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F3vbRJ

The G2 is cheaper and the G2 and RMx are both tier 1 PSUs so I would go the G2 as for the case the S340 has terrible airflow so if you live somewhere where it’s hot or don’t have a ac don’t buy it since it’ll get really hot. The meshify c has good airflow

1 hour ago, OreoPandas said:

The G2 is cheaper and the G2 and RMx are both tier 1 PSUs so I would go the G2 as for the case the S340 has terrible airflow so if you live somewhere where it’s hot or don’t have a ac don’t buy it since it’ll get really hot. The meshify c has good airflow

I don't have ac at my place but it's also not too hot in there. But I also don't plan on overclocking anything so I don't know. As for the case, the s340 has more usb ports on the front but I don't know about the airflow.

19 hours ago, LittleKanye said:

I don't have ac at my place but it's also not too hot in there. But I also don't plan on overclocking anything so I don't know. As for the case, the s340 has more usb ports on the front but I don't know about the airflow.

Just saying if your room doesn't have a window or good airflow/open space. It will get really hot if you have it on a lot. I had a 4 meter by 4-meter room with a ceiling fan and open window and with the S340 it got to the points where I was sweating. Just saying its worth to get a case with airflow.

40 minutes ago, OreoPandas said:

Just saying if your room doesn't have a window or good airflow/open space. It will get really hot if you have it on a lot. I had a 4 meter by 4-meter room with a ceiling fan and open window and with the S340 it got to the points where I was sweating. Just saying its worth to get a case with airflow.

Yes I got you. I was thinking of going for the Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass Pc Case.

4 minutes ago, LittleKanye said:

Yes I got you. I was thinking of going for the Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass Pc Case.

It doesn't have very good airflow. Cases with a mesh front like the Meshify C have a lot better.

39 minutes ago, OreoPandas said:

It doesn't have very good airflow. Cases with a mesh front like the Meshify C have a lot better.

Can you give me a link? Also, the Gigabyte 1070ti Windforce is 10 euros more than the 1070 so I'm thinking I should go for the Ti.