Help

Cgagej98

Can someone help me woth this. I have a feeling its the cord of the monitor because when we open the lid more or close it more it gains color and such. The computer is a hp 15-f233wm.

I need to know if i can fix this myself or if it needs to be repaired by proffesionals. If i can fx it myself can i get a step by step. Thank you.

1535137290561899142967.jpg

You need a new screen 

Pc Specs

CPU: I7 6700k 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4  Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2  Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB/Hitachi Deskstar 3TB  Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Founders Edition Case: Corsair 750D Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w Keyboard: Corsair k70 Mouse: rival 300 

13 minutes ago, Cgagej98 said:

Can someone help me woth this. I have a feeling its the cord of the monitor because when we open the lid more or close it more it gains color and such. The computer is a hp 15-f233wm.

I need to know if i can fix this myself or if it needs to be repaired by proffesionals. If i can fx it myself can i get a step by step. Thank you.

1535137290561899142967.jpg

depend on how you feel about tearing it apart, you could fix it your self after buying a new screen online, but I would just take it to a repair store

2 hours ago, Cgagej98 said:

--SNIP--

That's not the cord - you have a cracked LCD screen. You could certainly take your laptop apart, get the part number from the back of the LCD, then try your luck buying a replacement screen from eBay or Amazon. If you provide the exact serial number or product number of that HP laptop (found on a sticker / printed on the bottom of the laptop, sometimes under the battery) I'd be happy to lookup the part number for you to make it easier. Nevermind! I found it from the model number you provided: http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=L0T33UA

However, if it's this laptop that you have https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04936059 then it might not be worth replacing the screen, as the money and/or time may be better spent on a newer laptop, depending on your needs. You're looking for a replacement Display Part # 732080-001 DISPLAY RAW PANEL HD BV.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)