Windows 10 Slow, Unusable

Windows 7 ran great but I needed the support of windows 10. I did A fresh install but now it's terribly slow. Everything takes multiples more CPU than it should. Wiggling the mouse makes the CPU spike. Games that should run maxed out are slide shows. All drivers are up to date, as is Windows itself.

I'm on my second fresh install of windows 10 pro x64. There are no chipset drivers for windows 10 listed on the mobo website. The CPU is not throttling. VRM and CPU temps appear to be good. Memory, storage and network usage are low. It appears the problem is simply slowness. Everything bogs down the cpu. All cores are being utilized. Is there a log I can create or something? This is killing me. 

Specs:

-Windows 10 pro x64

-FX-8350

-Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 (rev. 4)

-16gb ddr3 1600mhz

-GTX 1070 FE

Did you check In --> Resource Monitor<--

it may be that windows 10 will not work very well with the memory speed or you may simply need new drivers.

Does the motherboard actually have all the system devices installed?

does the machine have an ssd or hdd , (if it has a hdd you might as well go back to windows 7)

well for starters your cpu may be bottlenecking your gpu but that shouldnt cause such bad performance

By "now" do you mean that it was fine at first? After how long did this start and did something happen (update, you changing settings) prior to it?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

By "now" do you mean that it was fine at first? After how long did this start and did something happen (update, you changing settings) prior to it?

There was a modification, he went from Win 7 to Win 10 pro. I think that is were the problem is

3 minutes ago, Zmax said:

There was a modification, he went from Win 7 to Win 10 pro. I think that is were the problem is

I read " I'm on my second fresh install of windows 10 pro x64" which eliminates all those issues which would be from upgrade process. My suspects are some update, some software and changing pagefile to 0.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I had windows 7 ultimate x64 and it ran great. I installed windows 10 and it was slow so I fresh installed again and same issue. I have an Intel ssd, don't know the model, and a 3tb seagate secondary drive. The memory timing is set to what is recommended on the site, it's 2x8gb vengeance black ddr3 1600mhz. 

It shouldn't be a bottleneck since it worked fine on windows 7, I ran doom almost maxed out 60+ fps 1080p. There's no windows 10 chipset drivers for this motherboard. The windows 8 and 7 drivers give a generic error when installing so I let windows choose generic ones. According to device manager everything is installed. Even with nothing installed but the essentials, everything is painfully slow.

There's never one process that slows it down, but rather every process uses more cpu than it should. It feels like I'm running a pentium D.

I really don't know where to go from here.

9 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I read " I'm on my second fresh install of windows 10 pro x64" which eliminates all those issues which would be from upgrade process. My suspects are some update, some software and changing pagefile to 0.

Sorry my mistake

Installed windows on another drive, installed chipset driver from disc, now I get no video signal. At all. With or without hard drives plugged in. No BIOS, splash screen or anything. 

17 hours ago, Frozti said:

Installed windows on another drive, installed chipset driver from disc, now I get no video signal. At all. With or without hard drives plugged in. No BIOS, splash screen or anything. 

Does iGPU work?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I saw something like that (similar, not the same) once, on faulty motherboard. Somehow win7 works great, but win8.1 was slow as hell. In fact win8.1 was installed on that motherboard before and runs great, I even revert any changes (restore from backup from day it works fine) and nothing helps! I boot the same win8.1 on different mainboard and it runs perfect. So the only strange thing was that person have bad habbit of unplugging everything, all power cables from electrical socket. So probably some voltage spike destroy something on his motherboard. And since there is only one major difference between win7 and win8/10 - USB handling/drivers, I assume that it was the problem. But that was the only problem I never resolve (I spend whole day on it). It works great in safe mode, but everything slows down in normal boot.

If you have possibility - boot your drive on any other computer. Just in case.