Shortcuts

Vandorlot

Are there any cool shortcuts in windows that helped you out a lot. I want to see if there are any cool ones that can help me out. When I learned about shift tab and windows button d they were lifesavers.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Shift+Print Screen Windows+Shift+S is awesome. Instead of the normal printscreen, which just copies your entire view to your clipboard, with this combination of keys you can select what part of the screen you want in your clipboard (kinda like what snipping tool can do).

I found this one so helpful, I programmed it (using AutoHotkey) to be the default action, when I press Print Screen.

Otherwise, I like Ctrl+Shift+T, but that is not really a Windows shortcut; rather a browser shortcut (to easily open the last closed webpage).

Edited by Minibois
Whoops, wrong shortcut mentioned..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

24 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Shift+Print Screen is awesome. Instead of the normal printscreen, which just copies your entire view to your clipboard, with this combination of keys you can select what part of the screen you want in your clipboard (kinda like what snipping tool can do).

I found this one so helpful, I programmed it (using AutoHotkey) to be the default action, when I press Print Screen.

Otherwise, I like Ctrl+Shift+T, but that is not really a Windows shortcut; rather a browser shortcut (to easily open the last closed webpage).

i never knew the printscreen copies it to the clipboard. I knew that windows button and prntscreen saves a screenshot. shift printscreen doesn't work for me. But i searched it up and windows button shift s works and it does the same function.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

3 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

i never knew the printscreen copies it to the clipboard. I knew that windows button and prntscreen saves a screenshot. shift printscreen doesn't work for me. But i searched it up and windows button shift s works and it does the same function.

Shoot, sorry. I meant that indeed..

It has been quite a while since I set up that shortcut, I didn't even remember it off the top of my head.

How I did this in the past was just pressing Print screen, pasting it in paint, selecting what I want to have copied and just pasting that where ever or uploading it.. etc. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

• 2 weeks later...