Controlling RGB fans/strips etc. without a dedicated RGB Header?

VinzHD

Hello,

I want to add some RGB strips or fans to my PC, but my PC doesn't have a dedicated RGB header. Is there any way I can add one to my motherboard (ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer) or control the RGB stuff without a header (except for a remote)?

I was about to post the same question. I am on the same boat. I have a z97 mobo as well. o recently bought a deepcool captain 240 ex rgb and rgb fans. putting them in a fractal r6. would love for specific hardware needed to make rgb work on z97. not sure if I'm hijacking you post, but we both need the same advice. I didn't want to dupe topics.

Case Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite CPU: i9 9900k Cooler: Fractal Design Celcius S24 GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce Extreme 1080tiMemory Tforce ddr4 3200 c14 32GB 4x8 Storage SSD Kingston 240GB SSD, intel660p 1TB m.2 Samsung 860 EVO 1TB m.2 PSU Corsair HX1200 

20 hours ago, Cl4ptr4p said:

I was about to post the same question. I am on the same boat. I have a z97 mobo as well. o recently bought a deepcool captain 240 ex rgb and rgb fans. putting them in a fractal r6. would love for specific hardware needed to make rgb work on z97. not sure if I'm hijacking you post, but we both need the same advice. I didn't want to dupe topics.

You're not hijacking my post in any way. Btw: I also want to build in a fractal design define r6 but with a dark rock 4 from be quiet :D

• 1 month later...

i need an answer to this as well.
I was hoping to let the RGB-Strips turn Red when the System is getting hot or when it is under load.

You can add RGB light strips and fans to just about any build, regardless of motherboard.  You just need an open USB 2.0 header.  If you decided to purchase Corsair products, you can use either a Corsair Lighting Node Pro or Corsair Commander Pro.  Commander Pro will allow you to control the speed of (6) fans as well, where as the Lighting Node Pro is only LED control.  Any of our RGB fans will work, you just need to purchase at least one 3-pack because you'll need the 6-port LED hub to connect all the fans.  After you have all your components, you can use the free Corsair iCUE software to control and customize the lighting effects.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/