Nvidia installer cannot continue... please help

atomicus

This is undoubtably the most annoying and infuriating thing that has ever happened to me in 20+ years of PC building. I change my monitor (that's it) and suddenly I cannot install Nvidia drivers with my 1060 6GB. My resolution went all screwy and so I uninstalled them, and I have also run DDU in Safe Mode, tried numerous versions of the Nvidia drivers, the main installer package and via GeForce Experience but each and every time it says it isn't compatible with this version of Windows (10 x64). I JUST HAD THEM INSTALLED FFS SO HOW CAN THEY NOW BE INCOMPATIBLE!!??? >:(

I don't know what more I can do other than re-install Windows at this point, which is going to be a real ball ache!!

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Have you tried downloading an older nvidia driver for that card, i had an issue with the latest driver for my 1070, it wouldn't detect my 2nd displays resolution. 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Just now, scobie56 said:

Have you tried downloading an older nvidia driver for that card, i had an issue with the latest driver for my 1070, it wouldn't detect my 2nd displays resolution. 

ignore that i didnt read it properly 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Ah, OK... it seems something was going on with Windows where it was installing an Nvidia driver every time after I rebooted (after using DDU several times). I noticed this in the Windows Update history. I ran DDU again in Safe Mode, didn't restart and then installed the Nvdia drivers while still in Safe Mode. Now it works. Goddamn what a faff!!

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti