DaVinci Resolve 15 Dont use the fully power of my pc

Orc00

Dear LTT- members,

I'm a happy DR15 user. But lately I have noticed that DR15 and Fusion don't use all the power of my PC. Everything I do, form editing to color correction will be at low usage. And because of that I'm noticing many lags. The usage of my CPU is always around 50- 65% while reading a clip form Fusion to DR15. My GPU on the other hand is only at 10-15% of usage. I'm working with file 1080P 60fps or 2160 30fps/60fps. Also, when I'm exporting a file, the usage is then CPU 100% and GPU is 30-40%.

Why does my GPU don't be use like my CPU. So that my process will be faster. Do I need to adjust something? To make DR15 use more power of my GPU. Can someone help me?

This is my PC:
Intel Core i7-7800X 3,5Ghz 6 Hexa core
MSI X299 Raider motherboard
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Crucial
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB MSI
Samsung 960 EVO 250gb SSD
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B

Video exporting is a cpu heavy process, so 100% cpu and 40% gpu is to be expected while rendering a video.

Also not using 100% cpu while only viewing the files is also normal.

Now what do you mean by the "many lags"?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I mean with many lag, that when I’m try to render a clip from Fusion to DR15 whit some effects or 3d effect. Then DR15 and Windows will freaze. I need to wait till DR15/Fusion to proces it all. At the same time is the usage of CPU is 40-50% and GPU 10-15%.

I think if the uasge was what higher the DR15/Fusion/Windows won’t freaze

Davinci Resolve 15 use 8 or 9 GB

Windows 10 Pro use 2 GB 

5 or 6 Gb will be free 

I think I have figured it out. I had change to high performance at the power usage setting of Windows 10 Pro.

Then opened Davinci Resolve 15 and upload a clip, I had change the video code of my clip form H.264 to DNxHR HQX.

After that I re-import the clip in DR15 and started to edit, color correction, adding effect in fusion and so on.

For a file with the resolution 3840x2160 60fps 26sec long. Rendering the effect form Fusion to DR15, the usage was CPU:45%/GPU:60%

After that I had add tracking, color correction, luts, effect

The export usage was CPU 43% and GPU 45% after a while my GPU get almost max out (92%). The CPU stayed the same

the export time is 2.31

I like to ask people who are expert in computers if this method will harm my PC or not

And people who are expert in DR15 I like to ask them for advise on this method.