MSI GS73 Stealth-016 Reviews??

Hey, 

I'm looking into some 17" gaming laptops and came across the MSI GS73 Stealth. It looks very promising with an 8th-Gen i7 CPU, GTX 1070, 120Hz display, as well as a small form factor. However, I can't seem to find many reviews on it. There are quite a few Youtube videos about the GS63 but not the GS73.

Does anyone have any experience or reviews on this laptop to help with my decision?

Thanks in advance!

There is review on GS73 in Notebookcheck. FYI the 1070 GPU is Max-Q variant

TLDR: OK-good build quality, OK-mediocre cooling

Where are you from? What's your budget? Preferred weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

7 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Where are you from? What's your budget? Preferred weight and battery life?

I'm in the US. I'm wanting to spend $2400 tops. Aiming for $2000. I need a pretty powerful laptop that would ideally last me through my next 4 years of college. Battery life isnt huge and a dont mind weight. I much prefer specs to weight. I'm gonna running a bunch of CAD and engineering related programs as well as gaming. I have been previously looking at the Alienware 17 R5 and waiting to see what the Omen X 17 refresh may have because I could really use that 8th gen i7.

Thanks for the review link!

Could you list out ALL 17 inch laptops with 8th gen i7 CFL-H CPU that are within your budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Could you list out ALL 17 inch laptops with 8th gen i7 CFL-H CPU that are within your budget?

Sure, the ones that met my requirements from what I've found are the Alienware 17 R5, MSI GS73 Stealth-016, and potentially the Omen X 17 if it gets a refresh which could be coming at gamescom next week. These all have gtx 1070, 16gb ram and 120hz+ FHD or QHD panels. Also, ideally an i7-8750k or HK.

Razer doesmt have 8th gen cups in the Pro yet, and I dont like the selection of Asus ROG 17in laptops. Also, I'm not a fan of acer.

MSI GT75

MSI GE73 (fairly portable)

MSI GP73 (fairly light)

AW17 R5

Asus G703GS, Acer Predator 17 and HP Omen X 17/Omen 17 are fine but not 'excellent'

If you can bump up your budget a little more, Clevo P775TM with 8700K CPU from HIDevolution or ObsidianPC

Desktop specs:

Spoiler