Best CPU for the money for VR

What is the best CPU for vr that is in the reasonably priced range.

What is a "reasonably priced range" to you?

Give me your budget.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

The minimum I would get is a decent quad core like an i3 8100 or Ryzen 3.  Or you could go the used route and snag an i7 2600 or Ryzen 5 1400/1500x - I like the i7 in this case because ram is cheaper, but you can future proof with a good AM4 board.

I started with the minimum I would recommend, since you didn't specify a price.  Any of these chips alone may go for around $100-$125 usd but other part prices vary. 

5 minutes ago, Brick1026 said:

What is the best CPU for vr that is in the reasonably priced range.

First give details. Specify what parts you already have.

6 minutes ago, Brick1026 said:

Try not to cringe...

My specs-->https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05328618

Your CPU "is better" in a sense than your GPU and PSU, tear those out, sell them used on ebay and use that money to get the best 400-500W PSU you can with the money gained + a little more. Then instead of buying a better CPU, get a better GPU as you will need a much better one depending on what games you play. Your CPU is the best thing out of all those parts.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

rekt

2 minutes ago, MrShinny said:

Your CPU "is better" in a sense than your GPU and PSU, tear those out, sell them used on ebay and use that money to get the best 400-500W PSU you can with the money gained + a little more. Then instead of buying a better CPU, get a better GPU as you will need a much better one depending on what games you play. Your CPU is the best thing out of all those parts.

I ?% agree. With what you just showed for your build *cringes* you can see why pre-built systems are manufactured by the devil. 

1 hour ago, SupersonicSaint said:

I ?% agree. With what you just showed for your build *cringes* you can see why pre-built systems are manufactured by the devil. 

xD yea no upgradability. Even the motherboard only allows 35 watt cpus so if I ever want to migrate from the T line of processors I’m going to require not just a new cpu but also a entirley different motherboard.

Is the 6400t really “vr ready” though with its lower clocks than the 6400???

2 hours ago, MrShinny said:

What is a "reasonably priced range" to you?

Give me your budget.

By reasonable I just mean what is the good price per performance point where I’m not paying a arm and a leg for not much more performance than a slightly worse CPU but not paying so little that for a few more dollars I can get a substantially better CPU. So, basically price per preformance if I’m correct.

22 minutes ago, Brick1026 said:

By reasonable I just mean what is the good price per performance point where I’m not paying a arm and a leg for not much more performance than a slightly worse CPU but not paying so little that for a few more dollars I can get a substantially better CPU. So, basically price per preformance if I’m correct.

In that case the best price to performance would either be an i5 8th gen or a ryzen 5 2nd gen.

rekt

1 hour ago, Brick1026 said:

Is the 6400t really “vr ready” though with its lower clocks than the 6400???

It probably would run most of the mainstream vr titles fine like space pirate trainer.  But you'll hurt yourself in some AAA titles.  

If you could land a 6700t at a reasonable price, that would pull its weight just fine.  But I find that they're not really cheaper than the normal 6700s, so you're better off with a new rig.