Thoughts on these laptops?

What would you plan to use them for?

Being that they're very similar in hardware, they're going to be more-or-less the same.

The X542UN appears to be getting slightly better reviews over the E5-576G.

I've had bad luck with Acer displays in the past (the only thing I've used from them), but I've also had bad luck with Asus products. Neither have stellar customer service.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Mostly paperwork, Excel/Word, and occasinally a bit of light gaming (Dota 2 and NBA2K.. Nothing heavy like AAA Titles). 

Asus option seems better. The only pros i can see with the Acer is the bigger battery and thicker laptop for (presumably) better cooling. It's up to you, if you have a tech store near by try check both laptops out and go with the one you prefer to type on

####################  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

####################  GPU: Radeon Vega 8 

####################  Ram: 8gb DDR4 2666MHz

####################  SSD: OEM 128gb M SATA 

####################  HDD: Seagate Baracuda 1tb 5400RPM

Neither options are good. However if you need to choose one, Acer E15. Just be aware of QC issues, bad display and poor battery life

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

13 hours ago, Death Hawk said:

Asus option seems better. The only pros i can see with the Acer is the bigger battery and thicker laptop for (presumably) better cooling. It's up to you, if you have a tech store near by try check both laptops out and go with the one you prefer to type on

I can't find reviews on that exact model, that's why I'm hesitant on it. But yeah, generally I've had better experiences with ASUS than Acer.

12 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Neither options are good. However if you need to choose one, Acer E15. Just be aware of QC issues, bad display and poor battery life

Is the Acer E15 build quality really that bad? Or is it atleast on par with ASUS? 

4 hours ago, Psychosocial said:

Is the Acer E15 build quality really that bad? Or is it atleast on par with ASUS? 

Build quality is noticeably better than Vivobook. Just FYI lower end laptops tend to have lower QC

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Build quality is noticeably better than Vivobook. Just FYI lower end laptops tend to have lower QC

Thanks! This is the answer I was looking for. :) On a side note, I also found a local store that sells the Acer Swift 3 with Mx150 but only an i3-7130u processor. It costs around 40$ more but comes with an Aluminum chasis and IPS display, does that sound like a better option? Or should i stick to the E15 despite its lower quality but better processor?

2 minutes ago, Psychosocial said:

does that sound like a better option?

I would prefer Swift 3 (slightly better build quality and better display), however i3 ULV is a bit slow. If your workload doesn't require much CPU power then go for it

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

I would prefer Swift 3 (slightly better build quality and better display), however i3 ULV is a bit slow. If your workload doesn't require much CPU power then go for it

Thanks. I only need it for MS Office Spreadsheets and ofcourse multimedia stuff (youtube, watchin movies, etc.) and the most intensive game I play is NBA 2K. It should suffice, right?

Just now, Psychosocial said:

It should suffice, right?

I think so.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler