Looking for Replacement Laptop to Current Dell Latitude E5470

Hey everyone, I've been looking around at laptops as I plan on upgrading from my current Dell Latitude E5470 laptop at the end of they year, but there are some things I'm looking for that I haven't really been told about by any tech review sites, plus I can't try them out for myself as in Australia, many of the more desirable laptops aren't available for demo. I'm looking for a replacement for uni, light video editing may be done, light gaming as well, and I'm looking for something that has a keyboard like the Dell's (I LOVE the typing exerpience on this so anything similar or better would be great) + better battery life (around 7-8 hours roaming the web or watching videos, less is okay, but undesirable). Also money is no object. Thanks :)

EDIT 2: Took off Razer Blade as Gigabyte is just better overall and they're in the same class and took off Dell XPS 15 for thermal issues. Nailed it down to either: 

-Huawei MateBook X Pro (really like this one, but doesn't have enough ports in my eyes, plus support would probably be bad in Australia, and heard shipping costs are insane) 

-Gigabyte Aero 15X (has the power, ports and supposedly a good battery life and thermals, just worried about typing and trackpad experience, also no touchscreen)

-LG Gram 15 2018 (love the battery life and portability on this, but disappointed by the thunderbolt usage and use of real estate within the chasis. I'd rather have built in graphics or better speakers and have it be slightly heavier at that size) 

-ThinkPad T480S (new one, don't know too much about it, but looks good. Only initial problems seem to be lackluster screen and just dated look overall in my eyes) 

Also considering just upgrading as much as possible in the Dell Latitude instead, I wouldn't know exactly what I could do in that regard or whether I should tho compared to purchasing a new laptop so if anyone has any tips, let me know

Mr Computer Problems 😢

3 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Dell g5-g7, Razer blade,XPS 15

Heard the Razer Blade batery wasn't great, plus doesn't it also not have an SD card slot? And doesn't the XPS 15 have thermal throttling issues? I'll have a look at the Dell G5 and G7 tho, thanks

Mr Computer Problems 😢

2 hours ago, Subject1849 said:

around 7-8 hours

XPS 13+eGPU

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

23 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

XPS 13+eGPU

Idk why, but the XPS 13 just looks like to me that it would have a worse typing experience and is just too small

Mr Computer Problems 😢

Idk why, but the XPS 13 just looks like to me that it would have a worse typing experience and is just too small

If you want 7-8 hrs battery life then you have to go for Ultrabook

Budget? Preferred display size and weight?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

On 18/08/2018 at 7:20 PM, ZM Fong said:

If you want 7-8 hrs battery life then you have to go for Ultrabook

Budget? Preferred display size and weight?

Sorry about the late reply. No budget, and I tend to prefer 14" laptops, but as long as the keyboard is comfortable and economic to type on, I don't really mind. This Latitude is 14", but I'm pretty sure the screen is equal to a 13-13.5". And preferred weight would be something below 2.5kg. Also would love to have an SD card slot if possible, but I understand we live in the age of dongles haha

Mr Computer Problems 😢

It looks like it's not at the top of your list as much anymore, but if you end up looking at the Huawei MateBook X Pro, shop around and check delivery prices, it's not sold here so you'll need to get it shipped to Australia, and while people do it, it tends to cost anywhere up to 40% of the price of the electronic you're purchasing in the first place.

Seeing as you asked about the 2 in 1 version of the XPS, you could look at Lenovo Thinkpads, I know the L380 Yoga, has an inbuilt SD card reader, and a 360-degree hinge, so can be either a laptop or tablet, depending on your needs

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz | MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: G.Skill Trident 16GB DDR3-2400 | Graphics: EVGA GTX980 Superclocked

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Black 2TB / WD Green 4TB | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

4 hours ago, Subject1849 said:

No budget, and I tend to prefer 14" laptops, but as long as the keyboard is comfortable and economic to type on, I don't really mind.

Thinkpad T480 or T480s if you prefer more portability

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Migit said:

It looks like it's not at the top of your list as much anymore, but if you end up looking at the Huawei MateBook X Pro, shop around and check delivery prices, it's not sold here so you'll need to get it shipped to Australia, and while people do it, it tends to cost anywhere up to 40% of the price of the electronic you're purchasing in the first place.

Seeing as you asked about the 2 in 1 version of the XPS, you could look at Lenovo Thinkpads, I know the L380 Yoga, has an inbuilt SD card reader, and a 360-degree hinge, so can be either a laptop or tablet, depending on your needs

Wow that's unfortunate, I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads-up

Mr Computer Problems 😢

7 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Thinkpad T480 or T480s if you prefer more portability

Had a look at the ThinkPad T480S, looks interesting, I'll keep an eye on it, thanks 

Mr Computer Problems 😢

Think I'm gonna go with the Aero 15X, anyone have any experiences with the device? 

Mr Computer Problems 😢

Think I'm gonna go with the Aero 15X, anyone have any experiences with the device? 

Need LM, be aware of any quality issues

@TLCH723

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

People say there are keyboard, backlight bleed issues, and software/driver issues. But I have none of those.

But there is a RAM incompatibility issue, so if you are going to upgrade the RAM is better to do it at a reseller level so they can test it

On 22/08/2018 at 12:25 AM, TLCH723 said:

People say there are keyboard, backlight bleed issues, and software/driver issues. But I have none of those.

But there is a RAM incompatibility issue, so if you are going to upgrade the RAM is better to do it at a reseller level so they can test it

I'll keep that in mind, thanks

Mr Computer Problems 😢

On 22/08/2018 at 12:20 AM, ZM Fong said:

Need LM, be aware of any quality issues

@TLCH723

What would be the best guide to follow to apply LM? Or would I be able to get a third party to? 

Mr Computer Problems 😢

What would be the best guide to follow to apply LM? Or would I be able to get a third party to? 

Get it from a reseller like HDRevolution

2 hours ago, TLCH723 said:

Get it from a reseller like HDRevolution

I've never heard of them, and what are some good Australian resellers? Do they provide it with LM applied? 

Mr Computer Problems 😢

6 hours ago, Subject1849 said:

I've never heard of them, and what are some good Australian resellers? Do they provide it with LM applied? 

Sorry is HIDevolution http://www.hidevolution.com/ based in US. And sorry not sure about Australian. But they do ship worldwide

14 hours ago, TLCH723 said:

Sorry is HIDevolution http://www.hidevolution.com/ based in US. And sorry not sure about Australian. But they do ship worldwide

They sound great, thanks so much! 

Mr Computer Problems 😢