I have to say, XFX technical support is top notch.

Howitz

Quick story:

1.bought an rx480, did an rma they sent a rx580 to replace. 

2.a fan on the rx580 gtr (with swappable fans) fails and they say they will send a replacement.

3. Receive a message saying that a rx580 "GTS" shroud was shipped to me free of charge

4.i message xfx and tell them it seems they made a mistake and what i should do cuz i don't need a gts card heatsink+fans. They answer with "no problem, that's great and have a nice day" so i think they indeed sent me just a fan

5. Today i receive and entire heatsink with fans (complete shroud) for an rx580 gts which is not even the right card, as i suspected.... now waiting for an answer from them haha.

I want to outline here that they really seems to just wanna help you, even if they made a mistake here, it still shows that they don't cause hassle and really look forward to helping you. 

Now i guess they'll just send me the damn fan finally xD

Maybe they don't have the most reliable stuff but i'll be damned, they really do back their products with amazing support.

Update: they said, ''sorry for the confusion'' and are sending me the hotswap fans now. Thanks XFX!

That wasn't my experience. They're on my do not buy list. I sent my 7970 back twice (so I had 3 different cards) and none of them worked. I eventually just gave up and bought a 780ti and wrote off the 7970. It was going to end up costing me more in shipping than the card did if I kept up at that rate (It was $75 each time to ship it to them and the card was $330) so I said screw it and now I don't buy XFX. 

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

2 hours ago, Zeitec said:

That wasn't my experience. They're on my do not buy list. I sent my 7970 back twice (so I had 3 different cards) and none of them worked. I eventually just gave up and bought a 780ti and wrote off the 7970. It was going to end up costing me more in shipping than the card did if I kept up at that rate (It was $75 each time to ship it to them and the card was $330) so I said screw it and now I don't buy XFX. 

i paid 50$ shipping for the rx480 rma and im in canada too. but they offered a pre-paid shipping label so i could have paid 0$ if i was smart. maybe they improved over time or their service is different depending of where you live?

2 hours ago, Howitz said:

i paid 50$ shipping for the rx480 rma and im in canada too. but they offered a pre-paid shipping label so i could have paid 0$ if i was smart. maybe they improved over time or their service is different depending of where you live?

Yeah maybe. This was back in 2013, it was just such a garbage experience I don't want to risk it again. 

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

4 minutes ago, Zeitec said:

Yeah maybe. This was back in 2013, it was just such a garbage experience I don't want to risk it again. 

Well from my experience i'd recommend them anytime. At the very least for their support. they genuinely seemed to be there to help rather than try to not honor the warranty.

The card in itself is not bad... maybe i was just unlucky.

Maybe back in 2013 they were overwhelmed with support tickets and had very little time for each? They did seem rather busy, which can explain the multiple times they just sent automated messages rather than answers and also the confusion into sending me the wrong part XD. But other than that i can't complain, they replace what's broken without hassle.