2010 macbook pro

Hi guys im a student in university and with a limited budget im looking for a used laptop. I reside in pakistan and i was thinking about going for the 2010 MacBook pro 15inch. Its around $300 in pakistan. Is it worth buying if i get it in the following configuration

A:

128gb ssd 

6 gb of RAM

B:

256gb ssd 

6 or 8 gb of ram? 

Would it be worth using in uni for 3 years or no? Any other suggestions are also welcome. 

Kind Regards,

Rohail.

Why that laptop? Id get a newer used dell latitiude or thinkpad. You can get one from about 2012-2014 and they will be faster and more durrable.

The 2010 macbook is already out of support, and your losing security updates(you want those) so unless you plan on running linux or windows on it(of which why did you get a macbook) get something else.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why that laptop? Id get a newer used dell latitiude or thinkpad. You can get one from about 2012-2014 and they will be faster and more durrable.

The 2010 macbook is already out of support, and your losing security updates(you want those) so unless you plan on running linux or windows on it(of which why did you get a macbook) get something else.

I actually just bought an iphone after using my 5 till now and it died so got the 8 i hear the eco system is nice with the macbook and the configuration and all. I will be sure to check out your suggestions thank you.

Just now, Rohavox said:

I actually just bought an iphone after using my 5 till now and it died so got the 8 i hear the eco system is nice with the macbook and the configuration and all. I will be sure to check out your suggestions thank you.

the problem is that that macbook is a bit too old for things like handoff, really unless you need a mac, don't get it.

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

the problem is that that macbook is a bit too old for things like handoff, really unless you need a mac, don't get it.

okay thank you for guiding me. The information you provided has been of great help im looking into a dell inspirion 15 inch.

9 hours ago, Rohavox said:

okay thank you for guiding me. The information you provided has been of great help im looking into a dell inspirion 15 inch.

Id go used if you can though, a used thinkpad or latitiude will be a good amount better than a new laptop for the same price.