Upgrade paths?

I currently have a Pentium G2020, 4GB DDR3 RAM. Should I upgrade to a i7-3770 and get a 8GB×2 kit or another 4GB stick?

7 minutes ago, lambuibao said:

I currently have a Pentium G2020, 4GB DDR3 RAM. Should I upgrade to a i7-3770 and get a 8GB×2 kit or another 4GB stick?

Some say you would be better doing a "proper" upgrade to a newer platform. However, if you need performance now and the 3770 is only available option definitely jump on it.

Just make sure that you're not paying a ridiculous price for it. I'd opt for 8GBx2 but "another 4GB" (8GB total?) would be perfectly fine too. Again, try and make sure it's not completely insane what you're paying for it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i7-2600 can sometimes go a lot cheaper and isn't much slower.  I would grab that and just another 4gb of ram for a stop-gap upgrade, rather than pour everything into an LGA1155.  It should still be a pretty big improvement and allow you to save for something better later.