How do can i get linux kali show it desktop?

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

Just a side note:

The forum support image uploading. You don't need to upload your images on some shitty website, and give some fishy link. :)

Anyway, on to your problem:

The command you are looking for is:

apt-cache search <name of program>

Where "<name of program> " is replaced, with the program/lib/etv name you are looking for.

For example. Let's say you want Firefox:

apt-cache search firefox

Hope this helps.

Hello!

Is there a way to make a visual desktop for my Linux software

Do you mean like how to install a virtual machine of kali Linux?

Just now, Niko K. said:

Hello!

Is there a way to make a visual desktop for my Linux software

Forgot to mention on my previous post:

You need to execute the following this for the first time before you can search:

apt-get update

This command will update package lists

This is not to be confused with:

apt-get upgrade

Where this command actually updates all your installed programs, libraries, etc, installed. You can also execute this if you want to ensure everything inside is updated

To answer your question:

Yes. But I don't have much time to give you a full answer at the moment. But the steps are:

1. You need to install a X-Server program that can output GUI from Linux based OS, to your desktop. They are free and paying options, such as: X410 available from Windows Store (https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NLP712ZMN9Q), or Xming, vcXsrv, and others.

2. You need to install Gnome or KDE GUI elements in your WSL  (Kali Linux in your case) or whatever desktop environment you want

3. You need to execute the following command, or make it run at startup:
    export DISPLAY=localhost:0

And if I didn't forget anything, you should be ready to go to start Linux program floating on Windows, or start a desktop environment on Windows, if your X Server supports this.

Yes how can I install a virtual machine on kali

6 minutes ago, DanSlice said:

Do you mean like how to install a virtual machine of kali Linux?

He is running Windows Subsystem Linux.

In Windows 10, you can install any supported Linux distro ON Windows, without resource allocation or emulation.

As we speak, you can find: OpenSUSE, SUSE Linux Enterprise, Ubuntu, Debian/GNU, and Kali Linux. FedoraOS has theirs in the work.

2 minutes ago, Niko K. said:

Yes how can I install a virtual machine on kali

Why? Just install Virtual Box or VMWare on Windows... why go run a VM through Linux running on Windows.

27 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

Just a side note:

The forum support image uploading. You don't need to upload your images on some shitty website, and give some fishy link. :)

Anyway, on to your problem:

The command you are looking for is:

apt-cache search <name of program>

Where "<name of program> " is replaced, with the program/lib/etv name you are looking for.

For example. Let's say you want Firefox:

apt-cache search firefox

Hope this helps.

Gyazo isn't fishy though

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

4 minutes ago, Br3tt96 said:

Gyazo isn't fishy though

Well literally anything could be behind that link xD 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just now, YedZed said:

Well literally anything could be behind that link xD 

I guess that's true.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I am sorry, but if you don't know the basics of GNU/Linux, I would highly recommend trying to use a distro such as Ubuntu or Debian in a virtual machine for some time, get comfortable with the command line, and how everything works before using a specialized set of tools such as Kali. It will help in the long run if you run into any errors. I'm not saying you can't use Kali without any prior knowledge of the GNU/Linux system, but it surely would help.

If you want an X environment (GUI), my recommended way of doing so would be to find the ISO on their website (https://www.kali.org/downloads/) and make a virtual machine using a program such as VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads). If you need help setting up the Virtual Machine, there are many videos and guides out there.