Exchange Server 2016 Error 500 ECP

Go to solution Solved by Sir Asvald,

I got it working after a reinstall of Exchange. :) 

I'm in need of help, I've just installed a fresh install of Exchange 2016 and I cannot get it to work. I cannot login onto ECP nor OWA.

The server is running on Windows 2016 Datacenter, the DC is also using Datacenter 2016. It's running on a local network with connection to the internet. Ports are open.

Bear in mind this is the first time I'm using and managing Exchange 2016.

Thank you.

Edited by Abdul201588
Added more information

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I'm in need of help, I've just installed a fresh install of Exchange 2016 and I cannot get it to work. I cannot login onto ECP nor OWA.

Bear in mind this is the first time I'm using and managing Exchange 2016.

Thank you.

I'm not going to answer your question as i mostly work with linux and don't touch microsoft stuff, but, with the amount of information you provided, probably no one will be able to answer your question. Are you running your server in a local network? Is it behind NAT? Are your ports opened? What about your firewall? What configuration are you using? Have you followed a guide setting it up and if so, which one?

Give us a bit of juice so  we can help you...

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

5 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

I'm not going to answer your question as i mostly work with linux and don't touch microsoft stuff, but, with the amount of information you provided, probably no one will be able to answer your question. Are you running your server in a local network? Is it behind NAT? Are your ports opened? What about your firewall? What configuration are you using? Have you followed a guide setting it up and if so, which one?

Give us a bit of juice so  we can help you...

I've added the additional information. :P I've been up all day trying to fix this problem. :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

@leadeater Please help. :( 

Need to review the event logs, 500 errors are generally in relation to the IIS configuration being invalid.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

Also make sure you actually installed the pre-reqs for 2016 because these are essential and you won't get anything out of exchange without the components required to run it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/prerequisites

Quick PowerShell for it;

Install-WindowsFeature AS-HTTP-Activation, Server-Media-Foundation, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-Mgmt, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation, RSAT-ADDS

Make sure .NET 4.7.1 or above is installed

Make sure C++ 2013 is installed and the MS Unified communications runtime

7 minutes ago, Falconevo said:

Also make sure you actually installed the pre-reqs for 2016 because these are essential and you won't get anything out of exchange without the components required to run it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/prerequisites

Quick PowerShell for it;

Install-WindowsFeature AS-HTTP-Activation, Server-Media-Foundation, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-Mgmt, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation, RSAT-ADDS

Make sure .NET 4.7.1 or above is installed

Make sure C++ 2013 is installed and the MS Unified communications runtime

I've done that before installing it... 

2 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I've done that before installing it... 

That's at least a promising start but pull the logs from event viewer, it will tell you in a more verbose manner what is wrong.

Use Chrome or Firefox to access ECP, and see if you get prompted to log in.

Are you trying to access ECP from the exchange server itself?

I got it working after a reinstall of Exchange. :)