Need advice on DDR4 memory for an Intel 8700k

I am trying to choose wich Ram would be the best for my gaming build and I read some topics where I found that higher clock ram speeds won't work really well on the 8700k.

This article: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_8700K_Coffee_Lake_Memory_Performance_Benchmark_Analysis/9.html

the article dates to Oct 12th, 2017, so in the meantime much things have ocurred on those matters (or maybe not). So I wanted to know if Should I go with a 3000mhz kit, a 2666Mhz kit or even another one. By the way, I will be using trident Z's with RGB, the only thing I am looking is for optimal clock speeds and timings that I should look for.

4 minutes ago, VMBRA_ said:

I am trying to choose wich Ram would be the best for my gaming build and I read some topics where I found that higher clock ram speeds won't work really well on the 8700k.

This article: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_8700K_Coffee_Lake_Memory_Performance_Benchmark_Analysis/9.html

the article dates to Oct 12th, 2017, so in the meantime much things have ocurred on those matters (or maybe not). So I wanted to know if Should I go with a 3000mhz kit, a 2666Mhz kit or even another one. By the way, I will be using trident Z's with RGB, the only thing I am looking is for optimal clock speeds and timings that I should look for.

3000mhz CL15 is the sweetspot for the i7-8700k :) so i recommend that.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

You're quite literally talking about a ~3FPS difference. Is it really that big of a deal to you?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

3000mhz CL15 is the sweetspot for the i7-8700k :) so i recommend that.

thank you :)

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You're quite literally talking about a ~3FPS difference. Is it really that big of a deal to you?

Not actually, but I want to hear people's thoughts about price/performance rating. after reading some comments I will make my shopping.

Just now, VMBRA_ said:

Not actually, but I want to hear people's thoughts about price/performance rating. after reading some comments I will make my shopping.

I'd just go with some 3000MHz-kit and not worry about it. In fact, I did go with a 3000MHz-kit.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

its not just about avg FPS its about 0.1% and 1% lows as well.

having good memory bandwidth will result in consistent FPS, especially in unoptimized games.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.