Something to fill last two 5.25 bays?

Okjoek

I've got 4 external drive bays, 3 of them are 5.25'' with the last one being 3.5''. The thing that bothers me the most with having an ATX tower as far as aesthetics are concerned is just how much space isn't being used by anything. I'm trying to correct that.

I found an old Disk drive for one of the 5.25'' bays.

For the 3.5'' bay I've got this in my shopping cart:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WPX4GB/?coliid=I3T5TS7N6GX9HT&colid=1CD5KOVWPNMYG&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

That just leaves two more 5.25'' bays...

• I thought about front panel speakers, but they all seem really bad, even by my minimalist standards. This one was the best I could find and it would provide a mounting spot for 3.5/2.5'' drives, the speaker itself needs to snake its wire all the way out the back of the case to plug into the rear audio jack. What even?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IUAYGZ6?pf_rd_p=d1f45e03-8b73-4c9a-9beb-4819111bef9a&pf_rd_r=WANY1FMS6YVQN4WX1B5C

• Another cool idea is a "dual bay" 80mm fan mount like this one that also offers 3x 3.5'' drive mounts. Considering my case only has a single front 120mm fan and a single 140mm exhaust this could be a nice option.

https://www.amazon.com/EverCool-Dual-Drive-Triple-Cooling/dp/B0032UUGF4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534178928&sr=8-3&keywords=dual+5.25

What other cool ideas are there?

If you have spare hard drives, hotswap bays could be a good idea, especially if you want to do a quick backup of your OS drive/games/whatever else.

A fan controller is another thing you could get... If you care about that.

Watercooling stuff like a reservoir...

Or really just don't do anything.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

IIRC, Thermaltake do some pretty cool fan controllers for the 5.25" bay with touch sensitive fronts for controlling individual fans or all the connected fans. Been a while since I looked at that though. Other than that maybe some hotswap hard drive bays? Or a blu ray drive?

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

18 hours ago, TetraSky said:

If you have spare hard drives, hotswap bays could be a good idea, especially if you want to do a quick backup of your OS drive/games/whatever else.

A fan controller is another thing you could get... If you care about that.

Watercooling stuff like a reservoir...

Or really just don't do anything.

18 hours ago, Inversion said:

IIRC, Thermaltake do some pretty cool fan controllers for the 5.25" bay with touch sensitive fronts for controlling individual fans or all the connected fans. Been a while since I looked at that though. Other than that maybe some hotswap hard drive bays? Or a blu ray drive?

So how do fan controllers work exactly? I don't think I need them because I don't overclock and I just leave all my fans plugged into their pins on the motherboard. I wouldn't be able to make them go any faster like that would I?

6 hours ago, Okjoek said:

So how do fan controllers work exactly? I don't think I need them because I don't overclock and I just leave all my fans plugged into their pins on the motherboard. I wouldn't be able to make them go any faster like that would I?

AFAIK, they basically work by increasing or decreasing the power sent to a fan that's plugged onto it at the turn of a dial, resulting in a faster/slower fan rotation.

Some fans can certainly rotate faster if given the power to do so, but may lead to an early death.

I don't think an inexpensive consumer fan controller will let you go above 100% power, so no risk of damaging anything.

They are basically for people who want to lower the noise of their computers while idling/web surfing and increase it when gaming for better temperatures.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro