SanDisk USB 3.0 Flash Drive Not Recognized...

This isn't your typical "flash drive not appearing." So I've got a 32GB SanDisk USB 3.0  flash drive that I used for a while just fine. After letting some programmers (high school robotics) borrow it to install a program on a different computer, I found that it would not show up in any typical USB 3.0 Type-A ports on my laptop. It didn't appear in either device manager or disk manager either. Out of curiosity, I took my Samsung USB Type-A to Type-C adapter that came with my Galaxy S8, and plugged it and my flash drive into my USB C port to see that it appears and works as it did before the problem occurred. I couldn't seem to find any similar cased through Google. 

So, my question is, does anyone have any idea why my flash drive appears with an adapter in a Type-C port, but not any Type-A ports that I've tried and ideally, how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

i had this same problem. but my flashdrive is recognized by my laptop, but cannot access any files due to it not being formatted after i used it to store a program for wiping hard drives. I tried to put another program on it and it said it needed to be formatted, but i cant do that since it became read only. tried to use command prompt to make it read/writable but it keeps failing so i just threw it out. You might want to get a new flash drive, but make sure you safely remove it after every use

@Prymies I might just have to get a new one. What's weird is that it works perfectly when plugged in to a usb c port with my adapter but not in type a ports. I was able to copy all my data off of it that way.

I wonder if it's some mechanical problem, like the contacts happen to fit perfectly in my adapter but not in typical ports anymore. Yet, I couldn't get a connection in a type a ports even with moving it around slightly...