Will the existing files be effected (urgent)

thegoogler

Hello this is really urgent but I wanted to know if I got a new ssd and put windows on it would I be able to boot onto it and nothing will be effected from my hdd that had windows before. The reason I am doing this is because my windows drivers got courupted and don’t have access to d anything because my drive is locked then I tried unlocking but aparently I am not admin although I am the only user. Would doing what I said before be fine and not effect any files or how they work?

9 minutes ago, thegoogler said:

Hello this is really urgent but I wanted to know if I got a new ssd and put windows on it would I be able to boot onto it and nothing will be effected from my hdd that had windows before. The reason I am doing this is because my windows drivers got courupted and don’t have access to d anything because my drive is locked then I tried unlocking but aparently I am not admin although I am the only user. Would doing what I said before be fine and not effect any files or how they work?

I am not sure if you would still be able to access your HDD. But yes you can install a different OS on your SSD and nothing on your HDD would be affected. Just for security disconnect your HDD when installing the OS on your SSD.

Is the original drive with windows encrypted? If not then you should not have much trouble accessing the files on it. If you do, you could create a bootable usb for a live session of linux and move the files around as you wish. I can confirm that works for sure.

47 minutes ago, .Ocean said:

Is the original drive with windows encrypted? If not then you should not have much trouble accessing the files on it. If you do, you could create a bootable usb for a live session of linux and move the files around as you wish. I can confirm that works for sure.

It just said it was locked and stuff but thanks I will try that. Thank you for your help