1060 upgraded to 1080 driver help!

im going to install my new duke 1080 do i have to uninstall my old 1060 drivers if so how and if not will they go away when install new drivers

Use DDU to uninstall previous drivers then swap gpus and install new one. 

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

Or, Instead of installing anything, Go to device manager, Right click the 1060 (before removing it) and click "uninstall drivers". It's as easy as that. 

24 minutes ago, Rev Games said:

Or, Instead of installing anything, Go to device manager, Right click the 1060 (before removing it) and click "uninstall drivers". It's as easy as that. 

Thanks a lot I didn’t feel like installing a program just to delete it after

1 minute ago, sideqcktv said:

Thanks a lot I didn’t feel like installing a program just to delete it after

If you want to play it safe, do as Konrad_K suggested.

DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) is a god-like utility. Sure, just "uninstall drivers" could work but it could also cause unexpected headaches further down the line.

If you want to be sure it's gonna work properly (potential issues within nVidia's own drivers notwithstanding), DDU is the tool for the job.

1 minute ago, Rauten said:

If you want to play it safe, do as Konrad_K suggested.

DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) is a god-like utility. Sure, just "uninstall drivers" could work but it could also cause unexpected headaches further down the line.

If you want to be sure it's gonna work properly (potential issues within nVidia's own drivers notwithstanding), DDU is the tool for the job.

What might happen

Just now, sideqcktv said:

What might happen

Maybe nothing; maybe everything.

A normal uninstall will leave behind a lot of configuration options and settings and what not that are more tailored for your 1060. Sure, the driver is supposed to notice the change of card during the installation and fix all that, but that doesn't always work, and that can lead to all kinds of issues.

DDU does a fully clean uninstall, making sure not a single driver or driver-related file is left in the system, so when you reinstall the nVidia drivers you can do so with the certainty that it's a completely fresh installation with no chances of potential conflicts with files that have been left behind by the previous installation.

The drivers are identical. If there is a problem, reinstall the same one again, assuming you have it downloaded still. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz