My friend needs help! computer crash.

moustacheman
My friends PC has just sorta broke. here is how he described it " Well it got really laggy and froze my computer. I had to turn it off and since then my little Ethernet symbol says it has limited access" he was playing bf4 at the time and now cant access the internet. Its not the Ethernet Cable, hes tried changing that and the Pc is working fine in gaming. Hes done a malware scan and everything is fine. He is running a fx 6300 on a cheapish asus board and a 7870, cant remember which one. 
Does anyone have any idea what this could be, Thanks! 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Most likely malware, is he able to re-install?

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Most likely malware, is he able to re-install?

he did a quick scan and nothing showed up? ill ask him if he is able to reinstall 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Has he tried to do a system restore to the date prior the the incident?

Reinstall is always a bit of a stretch as you loose most of your stuff

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS