New Build No internet

Fuser9
Go to solution Solved by Fuser9,

Sorry for the double post, but since i find the (comic-tragic) solution of this issue I had working on for 8 hours i thought it would be best to post the solution if anyone else comes across this. The solution was, get a usb CD Reader, put the mobo driver cd in it and install those drivers. Apparently the drivers online where too newo.O9_9 So there you go, CD's still useful :D Cheers again Moonzy for doing your best to help me

Hey, I have just build my first pc (8700k, Asus Z370-F strix etc) and I have issues connecting to the internet.I only have ethernet available by the way. I tried downloading the drivers from Asus website and transfer through usb, the .exe will ask to run as administrator and simply stop there. Nothing goes further. I managed to install chipset drivers through usb; again, no change.

As a second attempt i tried to download ethernet drivers straight from Intel websites, the .exe runs until it reaches an error saying no Network Adapter was found. On devices manager there is no Network Category either. My ethernet cable is correctly on, the leds flashed when entered, on BIOS Lan is enabled and I have 0 clue what to do to fix this. Am I missing something obvious here? Because I have not found any solutions to this researching for the past hour or so... 

Edit: Just realised I was supposed to post this in troubleshooting, my apologies, I know I cant move it now but I am not sure if i should delete and remake.

Edited by Fuser9
Wrong subforum

25 minutes ago, Fuser9 said:

On devices manager there is no Network Category either.

sounds like hardware issue to me, is there any unknown devices?

windows 10 should have the basic driver needed to get ethernet running even without connecting to the internet first...

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Thanks for your response @Moonzy. Yes there is an unknown Device under Other Devices in Device Manager ( Along my AIO pump and something called PCI Simple Communications Controller). Could this really be the motherboards fault? That could prove to be really bad for me.

3 minutes ago, Fuser9 said:

Could this really be the motherboards fault?

hmm, have you tried the other version of the driver?

image.png.8f56e7d9ffe31a9cd1fa399c4985ba10.png

sometimes motherboard vendor uses different chip for their LAN, and it takes different drivers...

try installing version 22.9.16.0

28 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

hmm, have you tried the other version of the driver?

sometimes motherboard vendor uses different chip for their LAN, and it takes different drivers...

try installing version 22.9.16.0

I went ahead and tried both past versions of the driver. The install wizard works this time, however they all end up to the same result as the drivers from intel website. Exact error message : "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer. 

Just now, Fuser9 said:

Exact error message : "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer. 

maybe you should RMA the board at this point :(

17 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

maybe you should RMA the board at this point :(

Really thanks for trying to help me!!! 

Sorry for the double post, but since i find the (comic-tragic) solution of this issue I had working on for 8 hours i thought it would be best to post the solution if anyone else comes across this. The solution was, get a usb CD Reader, put the mobo driver cd in it and install those drivers. Apparently the drivers online where too newo.O9_9 So there you go, CD's still useful :D Cheers again Moonzy for doing your best to help me