ATH-SR5BT vs AKG Y50BT help me decide.

Hi,

I'm looking for an educated opinion on the difference in sound between Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT and AKG Y50BT. Anyone used either of these?

Yeah the Audio Technicas have a larger frequency response 5-40,000hz , higher ohm rating which allows for better contrasts, but makes it harder for normal hardware like phones, and normal PCs to drive them, they are also rated for 38 hours, also they have large 45mm drivers, which are great for those bass notes, and can take up to 1.5 watts of wired power but they only have a sensitivity of 103 decibels. (P.S. this headset also appears to have a more rugged metal frame, and can be connected via NFC rather than a laborious pairing process) 

The AKGs have a frequency response of 20-20,000hz (most of what you can hear any way, but that leaves out most of the low bass), a lower ohm rating of 32 ohms which is easily by phones and computers but has lower contrast level between loud and quiet notes, they are rated for 20 hours of normal use per cycle, they have smaller 40mm drivers (which reduce their effectiveness at low notes in comparison to the other headset), they are rated for 0.003 watts of wired power, and are ~10 times as sensitive to frequency changes at 113 decibels. (P.S. this headset is more aesthetically appealing and ~40 cheaper) 

I would recommend the ATHs if you prefer function over fashion and have a larger budget because they sound way better than their increase in price, and the AKGs if you prefer fashion over function and if you have a smaller budget.

I hope this helps!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

20 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yeah the Audio Technicas have a larger frequency response 5-40,000hz , higher ohm rating which allows for better contrasts, but makes it harder for normal hardware like phones, and normal PCs to drive them, they are also rated for 38 hours, also they have large 45mm drivers, which are great for those bass notes, and can take up to 1.5 watts of wired power but they only have a sensitivity of 103 decibels. (P.S. this headset also appears to have a more rugged metal frame, and can be connected via NFC rather than a laborious pairing process) 

The AKGs have a frequency response of 20-20,000hz (most of what you can hear any way, but that leaves out most of the low bass), a lower ohm rating of 32 ohms which is easily by phones and computers but has lower contrast level between loud and quiet notes, they are rated for 20 hours of normal use per cycle, they have smaller 40mm drivers (which reduce their effectiveness at low notes in comparison to the other headset), they are rated for 0.003 watts of wired power, and are ~10 times as sensitive to frequency changes at 113 decibels. (P.S. this headset is more aesthetically appealing and ~40 cheaper) 

I would recommend the ATHs if you prefer function over fashion and have a larger budget because they sound way better than their increase in price, and the AKGs if you prefer fashion over function and if you have a smaller budget.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for the reply. Based on that I think I'm leaning toward the Audio Technicas

Your welcome! xD Happy to help!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!