EVGA Geforce 970 FTW edition, no screen

BunnyPig

Hello all!

Alright, long story short, I turned off my computer one day and left it off for about one hour. Turned it on and I didn't get a display. This happened a looong time after the warranty lasted so I'm not surprised that it happened.

So, I bought a new card and installed it but I thought, hey, why not try to fix it?

I inserted the card in my other computer (to keep my gaming rig safe) and turned it on. No screen what so ever. I looked around the board for a burnt MOSFET or a blown cap but nothing, everything looks pristine.

Then I noticed something, while having the heatsink off I could actually feel the GPU warming up quite a bit. Which left me to believe that it's actually possible to fix it. I just don't know what to look for since getting a datasheet over the entire board is next to impossible (unless I've missed something huge).

The fans on the heatsink barely moves, I can see it tries to spin them but nothing happens, which tells me it's actually trying to do something but gets stuck on something.

And this computer only got a 300w power supply installed but I figured I should at least get a screen with that amount of power.

Anyone got any ideas? I mean, this card doesn't matter to me at all so I'm ready to do all sort of crazy things to get it working! (not baking it in the oven, I don't have a spare oven to use and I would like to be able to continue cooking in it :P)

Thanks in advance, BP!