Needing help with finding the right computer/laptop

Hello,

All my life ive always had to take the cheaper route, and i still do. Everytime i get a laptop its always been second hand and after a few months it starts to run like shit and start failing on me. Ive always wanted to game on a proper laptop that can handle games. I also want a laptop that will last me a long time. Can anyone point me in the right direction towards a good budget gaming laptop under $900 AUD? 

Your help is very much appreciated

Just now, Caige Crandon said:

Hello,

All my life ive always had to take the cheaper route, and i still do. Everytime i get a laptop its always been second hand and after a few months it starts to run like shit and start failing on me. Ive always wanted to game on a proper laptop that can handle games. I also want a laptop that will last me a long time. Can anyone point me in the right direction towards a good budget gaming laptop under $900 AUD? 

Your help is very much appreciated

it is quite hard to find a gaming laptop for under 900 AUD (i know :() what part of australia do you live in (i'm in the Harvey bay region) and i couldn't find anything less than $1200

Just now, WickedStarfish said:

it is quite hard to find a gaming laptop for under 900 AUD (i know :() what part of australia do you live in (i'm in the Harvey bay region) and i couldn't find anything less than $1200

I live around brisbane in queensland. Ive looked into getting an Acer Nitro 5 but its still way too much

3 minutes ago, Caige Crandon said:

I live around brisbane in queensland. Ive looked into getting an Acer Nitro 5 but its still way too much

second hand would be the only route as everything decent with a dedicated GPU is above $1200. by what i have seen, spent 3 days researching and a day shopping locally at the time, and nothing really was great under $1000 it was quite disappointing. i ended up spending $1450 or something like that on my Asus Gamer FX503V from Harvey Norman

your probably better off going the desktop route. as they generally have a better price to performance rating

E480 has horror temps with RX GPU

Your budget is low unless you are fine with MX150

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128