Storage server with drive extender

Hi.

I would like to make a redundant nas / storage server. I am not shure about the softwere.

It needs to have something similar to windows home server v1's drive extender, so that I could run difrent capacity dives in redundancy.

Intel i5 2500K OC@4.5 GHz  //  Nvidia GTX 950  //  Kingston 250gb SSD  //  Corsair CX600  //  WD 500gb HDD  //  8gb RAM  //  90mm dual tower cooler  //  MSI P68A-GD65  //  BitFenix Nova TG // Razer Kraken // Razer Blackwidow ultimate // Razer Deathadder 

I believe these are programs for windows operating system.

I am looking more for an operating system that has this functionality build in and that I can access it's settings through web browser and also that has FTP so I can (with help of port forwarding on my router) access storage from outside my network.

Intel i5 2500K OC@4.5 GHz  //  Nvidia GTX 950  //  Kingston 250gb SSD  //  Corsair CX600  //  WD 500gb HDD  //  8gb RAM  //  90mm dual tower cooler  //  MSI P68A-GD65  //  BitFenix Nova TG // Razer Kraken // Razer Blackwidow ultimate // Razer Deathadder 

23 minutes ago, gapy10 said:

and also that has FTP so I can (with help of port forwarding on my router) access storage from outside my network.

FTP? Bad idea to still use such an archaic and unsafe protocol. Time to move on to FTPS or SFTP.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

28 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

FTP? Bad idea to still use such an archaic and unsafe protocol. Time to move on to FTPS or SFTP.

Actually it can be any protocol. I just need to be able to access my files from outside my network

unRaid? If i recall, it can use different drives capacity  and it si pretty secure