Can you put a corsair LL 120 on an air cooler? ?

borntolose
Go to solution Solved by Rainbow Dash,

You can, depending on the cooler you have. I added a Corsair AF 140mm on my NH-D14 before and it worked fine.

So I plan to do a build soon and all I have left to do is select a decent cooler. I thought about an AIO but stumbled upon a few air coolers that looked nice with 120mm fans already installed. I then had the idea of putting a nice rgb fan on the already nice looking cooler. My only question is, will the cable be long enough and is something like this possible Please let me know, thanks.

Also I know something like this wont impact cooling really... if at all... but hey, its RGB, what could go wrong?

I don't think you will be about to put case fans on a heatsink if thats what you're talking about :/ but on radiators you can.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

You can, depending on the cooler you have. I added a Corsair AF 140mm on my NH-D14 before and it worked fine.

2 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Thank you, the cooler I'm looking at already has one of their case fans (RF 120) on the cooler but I just wanted to double check, just in case. ?

9 minutes ago, borntolose said:

Thank you, the cooler I'm looking at already has one of their case fans (RF 120) on the cooler but I just wanted to double check, just in case. ?

No problem, but are you referring to the Gammaxx GT by Deepcool? If so, you could total add that extra fan to do push/pull since they also supply you with the extra metal fan bracket.

If you can mount it, the fan will work with the heatsink.

hi.