Once and for ALL

printf_cyber

I just installed Windows 10, and I started getting some apps from Windows Apps, and now today I decide to change install location from C: to D: drive, but Windows says:

"This drive has Apps from another device. To use  this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?"

"Yes"    -    "No"

Now will it wipe out my personal files, cause I DO have programs and now what do I do with them? They aren't available from Microsoft Store, only a third party company...

ALSO, just tell me if I should have ALL PROGRAMS on C: or D:, I am tired of this!!!

Cause sometimes the apps automatically install to C:??  -  No browse...to location option!!

Just tell me if my files will be wiped

AND

The PROS and CONS of having Programs on C: and D:(or any other drive than the OS one)

I have 115GB left on C: drive

and 223GB left on D: drive

Total: 500GB HDD

C: 146GB

D:319GB

Hoping for a positive response,

Basil

First, start by getting a larger drive, nothing less that at least a terabyte.  NewEgg has them.  Second, back up all your data from both the C: and D: drives on to some other media like flash-drive or cd-rom.  And then next remove the smaller of the two drives and then reinstall your operating system on the drive left behind and install the new drive as the slave drive.  Keep the removed small drive as a spare or get a case for it so that you can use it as an external back up drive.

So what you would end up with is a 319 gig C: drive with a one (or larger) terabyte D: drive.  If either your current C: or D: drives is a SSD, then install Win10 there and use the terabyte drive for all the rest.

Just an idea anyways.