Windows is running really slow all of the sudden

Connor McG

For about the past, month, windows has slowed down quite a bit, im not sure why, I use discord daily and I noticed that it tended to lock up for no reason but would still accept keyboard and mouse input while it was frozen, it just wouldnt show that it did till it unfroze, I tried reinstalling it and that didint work, I tried discord canary and that didint work, I also noticed that when I try to launch games on steam they take about 10 mins to launch, depending on the game. So I was told by someone that a fresh intall of windows might help because of something called OS fatigue, so I reinstalled and it didint help. Im not sure what to do.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Ryzen 5 1600x | Asus ROG Strix B350-f gaming | 16 GB Trident Z RGB RAM | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Gaming X | Hyper 212 Evo | 650 W 80+ Gold | 500GB 860 evo | 500 GB WD Blue HDD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

Forgot to add, when I log in on windows it now takes about 10 seconds to unlock when it used to tak about a second at most

Ryzen 5 1600x | Asus ROG Strix B350-f gaming | 16 GB Trident Z RGB RAM | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Gaming X | Hyper 212 Evo | 650 W 80+ Gold | 500GB 860 evo | 500 GB WD Blue HDD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

bump

one more thing to add, the rgb lights in my ram, mobo and case all get super choppy when cycling colors

Bump