Carbide 540?

saders

Just wondering what you guys think of the Carbide 540 that have it or played around with it. Is the case loud or is it slient with good fans like noctua. Looking at getting one of these cases when i get a new computer. Just want to get a general idea of what people think of the case.

My rig.... cpu i7-920 , MB asus p6t se , RAM 8gigs , GPU evga 760 sc , Case antec 900, western digital 2x500 gigs hhd , PSU  antec 800w , Display syncmaster 2233rz , Cooling antec kulher h20 620 ,  keyboard / mouse / headset    G15 keyboard , g500 mouse , Razor megladon headset

I don't have it, but it looks really good. If I didn't want portability, I was going to get it.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Its a bloody awesome case, generally fans arent that loud anymore, I have standard zalman fans, according to the world  they should sound like a concorde but I cant hear them, the corsair fans are with no doubt better then zalman fans, also with more fans come more sound and I have 8 fans in my pcs and I can barely hear it, I think the loudest in the crappy one in my power supply.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have built 4 work stations + my most recent Xmas gift to myself using the 540. I love it for it's square shape ( unique looking and fits well on shelves or under desks - surprisingly space efficient ). It makes building your rig very easy (worth a lot to me in time saved). It has excellent air flow. Comes with 3 good fans. You have plenty of room to mount radiator on top or in the front (or just air cool it : with the ventilation, only over clockers really need to watercool). You can hide your mess of SATA cables, power cords, SSD s in the copiously spacious space behind the mother board. If you want to up grade or reorganize, it takes no effort due to the swappable bay drives + large cutout for installing motherboard back plates for CPU cooling.

My only gripe is the two large square holes on the bottom where your 2 mechanical hard drives are supposed to go. I use SSDs and hide the in the back so it leaves 2 very large square holes on the bottom exposed. I modded these eye sores and fit a screen with 200 mm fan. Hides the ugly and increases the already abundant airflow.

Highly recommend the 540 Air.

I'm building a system inside one now, I love it I'll post in the build logs when I'm done.

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

Have it, now it just sits in a corner collecting dust. It was easy to build in but was the worst case I ever used. Personaly the build quality was terrible with the one I got not to mention the quality control. Here is a list of what was wrong with mine.

1.) Scratch all over the side window (didn't bother me that much) but still scratches all over the place.

2.) The hard drive trays when I went to release them and pull um out the 2 tabs broke off on both them I didn't even use that much force. (Had to use the ones from my 600T)

3.) The 5.25" drive bays CD/DVD/BR player no problems to install when I tried to get my NZXT Sentry Mix 2 fan controller in installed I had hell it took about an hour to get in due to the way the front plastic bezel is designed. Removing it was even harder and ended up braking my fan controller all together still works but it did break. The damnedest thing is that it fits perfect on my 600T, ARC Midi R2, and my Corsair 300R its has something to do with that bezel/mounting they got going on in that case.

4.) The integrated Sata/Power where flipped upside down I had to unscrew them and put them the right way.

Just an overall bad experience with this case.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1