Designing a new case, all intake or all exaust?

Mona

I'm designing a steel case to satisfy an itch about optimal cooling an noise but i'm not sure about the fan placement.

I have 3 noctua 140mm (2xSP 1xAF) and reading around i found contrasting opinions about which configuration is better.

The options are all intake after a 100mm gap from the filter, to allow turbulent airflow to stabilise and feed air better to the fans, or fan on the rear pulling air from the filter still in the front of the case.

Cable routing would not be a problem as they would leave the case before the fans, in the case of all exaust, from a door on the side.

The only air routes are from the front and the back. Top, bottom and sides are all closed.

PC b3.jpg

If you can properly seal the front, having fans further away from the filter would work well. Otherwise, there may be dust seeping in from the seams.

Front intake would probably be better to not interfere with the psu / graphics card fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.