2011 Astrogaming A40 just broke on me. What now ?

Wolrajh

Well, ordered the FiiO and the mic this morning, bought the DT990 pro at a local store ( the low priced one on amazon was imported from UK, "shipping may take up to 2 additional days", and stuff ), got the order delivered the very evening at work ( gotta love those fast shipping options at amazon's ).

In short, I'm all geared up in less than a day !

Obviously I'll have to test it all out, but first impressions are that those ear pads are just as nice and comfy as they looked. Maybe they will get too warm in summer, though, but that's an issue for another time!

I'm quite sure I noticed a few new sounds in my old MP3s, though. I'll need to update them, someday, maybe, I'm quite sure I can find a better sounding version, maybe even MP3s are already a thing of the past :P I just don't know jack about music as a solo medium, I prefer the full visual and audio experience of a movie, which I still have to test !

Anyway it's getting late and stuff, maybe I'll update on my experience one last time after I enjoyed more medias. Maybe one last question I could ask is whether I should avoid or use some players, even if I doubt it ? I'm using MPC with the CCCP codecs as my go-to media player.

And listening once more to Beethoven's Symphony 7 ( Complete ), played by the Wiener Philharmoniker conducted by Leonard Bernstein, is just as good as it was the first time... Oh, wait, no, it's actually better ! ;)

thought you were referring to this initially.

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/dacmagic-plus-digital-to-analogue-converter

I didn't know they came out with lower end products.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Well, ordered the FiiO and the mic this morning, bought the DT990 pro at a local store ( the low priced one on amazon was imported from UK, "shipping may take up to 2 additional days", and stuff ), got the order delivered the very evening at work ( gotta love those fast shipping options at amazon's ).

In short, I'm all geared up in less than a day !

Obviously I'll have to test it all out, but first impressions are that those ear pads are just as nice and comfy as they looked. Maybe they will get too warm in summer, though, but that's an issue for another time!

I'm quite sure I noticed a few new sounds in my old MP3s, though. I'll need to update them, someday, maybe, I'm quite sure I can find a better sounding version, maybe even MP3s are already a thing of the past :P I just don't know jack about music as a solo medium, I prefer the full visual and audio experience of a movie, which I still have to test !

Anyway it's getting late and stuff, maybe I'll update on my experience one last time after I enjoyed more medias. Maybe one last question I could ask is whether I should avoid or use some players, even if I doubt it ? I'm using MPC with the CCCP codecs as my go-to media player.

And listening once more to Beethoven's Symphony 7 ( Complete ), played by the Wiener Philharmoniker conducted by Leonard Bernstein, is just as good as it was the first time... Oh, wait, no, it's actually better ! ;)

As long as they are above 256kbps you don't need to do anything.

thought you were referring to this initially.

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/dacmagic-plus-digital-to-analogue-converter

I didn't know they came out with lower end products.

I'd seen the big one before but this tiny little one looked interesting. In the US it doesn't seem to make sense value-wise, 3 times the cost of the Fiio but 1.5 times in the UK. Love how they try and sell it by sitting it next to boxes of matches and so on.

Headset

As long as they are above 256kbps you don't need to do anything.

Sadly, I was just checking most of the thing I like, and it's all 126kbps. One 192, the symphony.

Guess it IS time to renew the collection :D

Sadly, I was just checking most of the thing I like, and it's all 126kbps. One 192, the symphony.

Guess it IS time to renew the collection :D

Yeah, I'd upgrade. I believe iTunes is AAC (256) and that's what I use.

I'd tend to think that anything with "magic" in its name is probably a bad product, but who knows? What strikes me is that there is absolutely no technical description of the product whatsoever. Just testimonies.

Anyway, I'm about to order a DT990, a Zalman ZM-MIC1 and a Fiio E10. The O-DAC/O2 will be too hard/expensive to get, but I have to say I read a lot of great things about it.

The mic is quite cheap, so even if it doesn't cover my needs I can safely switch to something else. I'm bothered by the fact it will add another wire which will plug elsewhere ( as compared to the DT plugging in the Fiio ), and I'm already neck-deep in wires ! If the quality proves to be too low, I'll probably drop it and get a desktop mic like the Blue snowflake ( does it clip well on any monitor ? ) or the Snowball ( I just love the damn design ). The Blues need yet another free USB port, though, and I'm starting to run out of those :P

I won't confirm the order before late tonight, this way someone may still chime in for a last minute warning or proposition :P

Just thought I'd say I use a Snowball ICE which is a smaller version of the Snowball with indistinguishable audio quality difference and it doesn't take up much desk space ^_^ . You can check out an example of my audio quality in this video if you want.although bear in mind there was some post processing done on the audio.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball