VGA on motherboard not working when GPU is installed

filipemfsm

I have an old screen and it only uses VGA and I have recently bought a new PC and when I use the VGA with the Gpu in the PC I get no image on my screen, but if I remove the GPU the screen works just fine
Is there anyway that I can use the VGA on the motherboard and the GPU at the same time?

Specs:
GPU- GeForce GTX 1060
CPU- I5 8400
MB- AsRock z370 Pro4 

Go into your motherboard's BIOS and change your GPU settings to use both your iGPU and PCIe GPU.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

go to bios and enable "integrated gpu" when gtx is connected.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Go into your motherboard's BIOS and change your GPU settings to use both your iGPU and PCIe GPU.

I can't go into the BIOS because when I have the GPU in the PC there is no display

get a hdmi to vga converter

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, filipemfsm said:

I can't go into the BIOS because when I have the GPU in the PC there is no display

You shouldn't need the dGPU installed to enable that setting.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I think what this guy is asking is if he can take advantage of his discrete GPU while his monitor is plugged in to the VGA port on his motherboard. In that case, the answer would be no. It's time for a new monitor. Or get some sort of adapter to allow you to plug the monitor directly into the GPU.