CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT and AIO_Pump fan headers question?

I am about to upgrade my rig and wanted to ask a quick question before I start. So I have a Corsair H115i and my motherboard has CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT and AIO_Pump fan headers. Am I right in my assumption that the two fans on the rad are to be connected to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT fan headers with the pump connected to the AIO-Pump header?

Yep

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

49 minutes ago, farmfowls said:

I am about to upgrade my rig and wanted to ask a quick question before I start. So I have a Corsair H115i and my motherboard has CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT and AIO_Pump fan headers. Am I right in my assumption that the two fans on the rad are to be connected to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT fan headers with the pump connected to the AIO-Pump header?

Yep.

CPU_Fan is expected to always be connected (bios will give a warning when there isn't one connected there). CPU_Opt is an optional second cpu fan header, for dual-fan air coolers or twin fan radiators (most common). Connecting both from your radiator to these headers will let you set fan curves in your bios or in Windows.

AIO_Pump header is specially designed for the pump of an AIO; its like a fan header but pre-configured to run at full speed all of the time, and is configured to periodically check resistances of the connection. If the resistance suddenly drops to 0 (a dead short) or increases dramatically (a fault situation, pump failure) then the board will warn you of it.

15 hours ago, Tabs said:

Yep.

CPU_Fan is expected to always be connected (bios will give a warning when there isn't one connected there). CPU_Opt is an optional second cpu fan header, for dual-fan air coolers or twin fan radiators (most common). Connecting both from your radiator to these headers will let you set fan curves in your bios or in Windows.

AIO_Pump header is specially designed for the pump of an AIO; its like a fan header but pre-configured to run at full speed all of the time, and is configured to periodically check resistances of the connection. If the resistance suddenly drops to 0 (a dead short) or increases dramatically (a fault situation, pump failure) then the board will warn you of it.

What about the W-Pump header? What is it for? 

54 minutes ago, farmfowls said:

What about the W-Pump header? What is it for? 

That's for a dedicated custom water cooling loop. You attach either the power or the sense lines to that header so the motherboard can monitor/control the external pump speed.

It's not a standard header, so you may have to check the motherboard manual to check for sure.