Sega Mega Drive clone? Needs some love and repair.

m0nss7erKill

Hi all. I found my old game console from when I was maybe 4, I have no idea. But it needs some love. The joints are rusty, there is broke. Pin on one of the transistors, I don't have AC adapter (I think it should be 9v, but I am not sure.) I am not sure if will even work after I try to "fix" it. I remember that we weren't able to turn it on last time we tried, which was like 15+ years ago. 

I/O looks like Sega Mega Drive, but the stickers at the bottom look sketchy. I would love to make it work. Here are some pictures. If you got some more info, tips and suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.

Edit: and oh boi, it's smells like heaven 

IMG_20180731_135556.jpg

IMG_20180731_135619.jpg

IMG_20180731_135654.jpg

IMG_20180731_135845.jpg

IMG_20180731_140314.jpg

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

10 hours ago, m0nss7erKill said:

I/O looks like Sega Mega Drive, but the stickers at the bottom look sketchy.

Yes, because its not a Mega Drive (Genesis for the Yanks), its a (cheap?) Clone of the Mega Drive.

An orgiginal looks like that:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Sega+Genesis+Motherboard+Replacement/3770

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

• 1 year later...

the row of pins on the side of the board is there because its a clone of the cartridge slot, on other mega drive knockoffs with the same boards used to have a slot on the bottom of the case where you could add a multicart

• 1 year later...

its a nice clone actually you can see original sega same ones was used by SEGA in there consloe

try to fix it don't throw it away you might get very nice picture out of it just like the real thing

I have seen worst clones this one is good .

• 4 weeks later...

Thats an Dar Yar Super Creation, a Megadrive clone from 1995, very common in asian countries.

These came with the SA-XX chipset, so all games are 100% compatible with this console, including 32x games with an Everdrive, or modding the av out to use an og 32x, the MegaCD should aslo be compatible, but these didn't came with the contacts in the edge, so you would have to use a Everdrive for CD games.

You can aslo RGB mod this console using the Sony video chip