How to stop people from logging into my computer

Braxton297

Hi, I work for a hotel and my boss has been having the issue of people logging into her computer behind the front desk after hours when they know they aren’t supposed to, it is on a domain so everyone can access it, how do I stop people from being able to log into it after 6:00. Thank you.

Set a automatic turn off of login servers and such at 6:00 or try setting certain timers in the main domain software that has protocol limits for that set time as well. If you dont know how to do that you could also turn off the internet for that time so they cant do anything,

3 minutes ago, Braxton297 said:

it is on a domain

you have given the answer to your own question.

one of the first lessons most schools teach around domains: logon rights & time restrictions.

the short of it: you divide all domain users into groups, and divide all domain computers into groups, then assign rights for all user groups to all (or only some) computer groups.

the long of it: grab a handbook, seriously, this is beyond the scope of a forum's "common hivemind".

23 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you have given the answer to your own question.

one of the first lessons most schools teach around domains: logon rights & time restrictions.

the short of it: you divide all domain users into groups, and divide all domain computers into groups, then assign rights for all user groups to all (or only some) computer groups.

the long of it: grab a handbook, seriously, this is beyond the scope of a forum's "common hivemind".

Do you have any recommendations for guides on how to do this, unfortunately my friend and I are the entire technical support staff and we are 15, very smart 15 year olds that have set almost everything up in the hotel but still just 15 year olds 

33 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Set a automatic turn off of login servers and such at 6:00 or try setting certain timers in the main domain software that has protocol limits for that set time as well. If you dont know how to do that you could also turn off the internet for that time so they cant do anything,

But the hotel still needs to run and the front desk still needs to be able to log in just not on this specific computer 

Go to your domain controler. Open the directory users gui, then go to the user accounts you want to restrict and open their properties and then set the time restrictions. I think if you select more than one you can do them all at the same time. You can also set a GPO for the restriction

12 minutes ago, Fleetscut said:

Go to your domain controler. Open the directory users gui, then go to the user accounts you want to restrict and open their properties and then set the time restrictions. I think if you select more than one you can do them all at the same time. You can also set a GPO for the restriction

Can I just set one computer to only let one or two people on

36 minutes ago, Braxton297 said:

Do you have any recommendations for guides on how to do this, unfortunately my friend and I are the entire technical support staff and we are 15, very smart 15 year olds that have set almost everything up in the hotel but still just 15 year olds 

you're 15, use your naturally bred google-fu and dig trough settings on windows server (specificly active directory).

i'd go look it up for you on a server i have access to, but they're all in the medical sector, and nosing around them isnt apreciated :P

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you're 15, use your naturally bred google-fu and dig trough settings on windows server (specificly active directory).

i'd go look it up for you on a server i have access to, but they're all in the medical sector, and nosing around them isnt apreciated :P

Thank you