Don’t like hidden network

Ok so on my pc i get hidden networks and I don’t like then at all and I don’t want to see them anymore.

how do I turn them off

As far as I know, there is no way to "hide" the hidden networks.

Those are just wifi access points / routers that don't broadcast their SSID, as an extra layer of security.

You should just ignore them.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

1 minute ago, zombienerd said:

As far as I know, there is no way to "hide" the hidden networks.

Those are just wifi access points / routers that don't broadcast their SSID, as an extra layer of security.

You should just ignore them.

Dang 

Why does this matter?

They're just WiFi networks your neighbors tried to disable the ssid broadcast.  If you waited long enough with a sniffer you could see what names they are but that doesn't help what windows lists them as

I don't believe there's a way to blacklist specific access points from showing up in the list.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

6 hours ago, Kingdomkey said:

Ok so on my pc i get hidden networks and I don’t like then at all and I don’t want to see them anymore.

how do I turn them off

You don't turn them off. You find out where the hidden networks are being broadcast from, and you ask the owners of said networks to either give them a name or turn them off. Hidden SSID's are actually a violation of the 802.11 standard specification, but aren't illegal so really those are your only options.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

You find out where the hidden networks are being broadcast from, and you ask the owners of said networks to either give them a name or turn them off.

Lol who actually does this?  Hiding ssid is useless but I'd tell you to go pound sand.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

16 hours ago, kirashi said:

You don't turn them off. You find out where the hidden networks are being broadcast from, and you ask the owners of said networks to either give them a name or turn them off. Hidden SSID's are actually a violation of the 802.11 standard specification, but aren't illegal so really those are your only options.

100% of people would tell you to fuck off if you showed up at thier door. The violation only applies to allow a device to refuse to connection to a non-broadcast network. People can hide them all they want. Requesting the name of the network is more a violation than anything.