Can we talk about Linus Tech Tips again?

lamxuyen

I love these guys more than anything on YouTube (in fact they're one of the only guys I sub to on Vessel besides C&H), but is it just me or has the content quality in LTT been decreasing over the past few months?

I really haven't much good stuff from them since they moved into their new office besides product reviews and moving vlogs. Their past two videos on Vessel - about recycling and passwords - aren't the types of content that drove me to view each and every single one of their videos for more than two years. It's not what tempted me to renew my passport, get a plane ticket, and fly over for their meetup. This isn't the LTT I knew and love.

It's almost like if Bill Nye started becoming the Doctor Oz of science, if that makes any sense. I don't know, but it really hurts seeing them shift their style of content. It really does. I don't know how much longer I even want to remain subscribed to them, although I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in case they haven't fully settled in at their new office yet.

In honor of crappy content though, I'll gift Bad Rats to someone who tells me a "funny" original joke here*. Any takers?

*I'll give it a day or two before I pick any winners.

6 minutes ago, lamxuyen said:

has the content quality in LTT been decreasing over the past few months

You mean years.

But I don't mind this, as their incompetence and lack of proper content made me find channels like GN, BitWit/Paul, Level1Techs, Jayz, etc.

Maybe you've just changed what you enjoy, I know I have but I still pay for FloatPlane every month. Just because you don't enjoy their content doesn't mean it is there fault. And if they were doing the same content every day for years on end then surely it would get boring not only to watch, as you would have seen already seen it a thousand times before, but also to produce.

I am not saying sall their content is perfect, some of it I'm simply not interested in, but that doesn't mean all their content should change to what I want it to be.

important figure in mensa

Try watching guys like SuperspeedersRob then  - sorta vlog/racing channels. A few (no more than 10-15) a year really great videos - project cars, race events and etc - and then the full rest year just b*llshit about, complaining about something. 

In LTT defense I'll say that there aren't any new stuff to review as tech channel - just look from how long there hasn't been any new GPUs.....

In your defense, I'll say that yes  - since most of their videos are now not written by Linus himself, I too found a lot of them boring to watch and I'm even considering to remove the notifications cuz it's more annoying than useful.....  I haven't even watched those 2 new episodes of Scrapyard wars completely - just skipped through them and closed the tabs - nothing to really catch me, not like the first seasons.

It is a "dry" period for all tech youtubers for sure, but c'mon - Ultimate, nah, ULTIMATE cable management guide? ULTIMATE must mean it applies for everyone no? So it must work even for me and my custom one of a kind G5 modded case also? Doubt it!

There are nice videos and there are stupid ones  - it's always like that!

I watch maybe 1 in 6 videos if something really catches my eye

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

you mention Vessel a lot, isn't that gone? 

but on topic, in my opinion the crappy content started when they switched to those awful clickbait thumbnails. 

i watch everything still because most of what they talk about is interesting to me, but the content is a lot worse than a few years ago when they first moved into the new office. 

She/Her

Are you copying this from somewhere? Vessel died 2 years ago.

As for content, what kind of content you like to watch from LTT? I mean they haven't done proper reviews in years, even before their time in Vessel. Or rather reviews done are for laptops, phones, GPU generations and CPU generations. Rest is build logs and other projects you might call just pure entertainment. There's probably 1 good video in 2 weeks imo. Of rest I'm either not interested or they don't really cover the parts what would make me want to buy. Oddly the sponsored videos are tad better, maybe because they are done with "lower" production quality. Meaning that script is bit more open.

Scripted videos are really ones I dislike most. Sure there can be general script and talking points. But reading whole thing from teleprompter isn't something I'm into.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

google is too dangerous at this point.

And on that point its good place to ask for lock. Pointless thread when OP has no original idea.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv