(Follow-up) Motherboard Differences?

I made this thread a while back and the ultimate solution was to simply buy a new motherboard for my laptop. Well, it's finally arrived in the mail along with some thermal paste. I ordered it new from a Chinese manufacturer. The boards look mostly the same, however I noticed that there were some definite differences between them, beyond simply the new one being much cleaner.

I've attached an image. On the left is the dead motherboard, still inside my machine. On the right is the new one, ready to be swapped out. But there are some noticeable differences. Mainly the placement of the Mini PCIE slot and the extra metal spring on the new one, and the smaller, rectangular shape of the chips on the board. This gives me some anxiety that this board might not be the one I want for some reason, despite them having the same model numbers and everything else seeming to be perfectly fitted.

Could this just be minor updates made to the board as newer tech came out, or could I have the wrong board somehow?

20180727_124954.jpg

I would say it's either an updated design or hp had multiple boardpartners who produced the board slightly differently...

Either way it's probably fine

On 7/29/2018 at 6:31 AM, Mr. PC said:

I would say it's either an updated design or hp had multiple boardpartners who produced the board slightly differently...

Either way it's probably fine

After installing the new logic board and installing Windows, I've come to an unfortunate discovery. I was somewhat scammed. I bought the board off a Chinese seller on eBay for 80 bucks. The listing clearly said in the title that it was the board for an HP Pavilion DV7T-7000, with the original Nvidia GeForce GT 650M.

However, what I ended up receiving was the motherboard for an HP Envy DV7-7230sw with an Nvidia GeForce GT 630M. I contacted the seller and they gave me ten dollars back. Beyond the slightly degraded GPU (which is unfortunate since this laptop is supposed to be my video editing machine), everything else is functionally the same as the DV7T-7000 board would be.