My PC Build

Exitos

I'm pretty new in building computers i have managed to build two computers in the past but it was on really low budget, I saved some money and I'm planning to get my dream gaming pc and this is what I came up with https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nJVsmq. I just need some advices if that will run well with the newest games and if there is anything I can improve in the build. Thanks for any help :D

the motherboard has sound on it  , is there a reason you need the sound card or?

otherwise it looks like it should work ok. "run well" is relative to what you expect it to do but depending on your expectations it should play some games ok.

oh, well i had no idea that the mother board had sound on it, thank you for telling me. 

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

otherwise it looks like it should work ok. "run well" is relative to what you expect it to do but depending on your expectations it should play some games ok.

I will want to play games such as witcher 3, overwatch, pubg and games like that on this build, do you know if with games such as witcher i will still get alot of fps ( i'm expeciting over 80) 

that depends entirely what resolution you're running it at.

you should note that if your monitor is 60hz then it effectively displays a maximum of 60fps before  it starts throwing away frames from the machine. So if you have a 60hz monitor then you really only need to shoot for 60fps and need not worry if it doesn't do more than that.

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

that depends entirely what resolution you're running it at.

you should note that if your monitor is 60hz then it effectively displays a maximum of 60fps before  it starts throwing away frames from the machine. So if you have a 60hz monitor then you really only need to shoot for 60fps and need not worry if it doesn't do more than that.

I'm planning on getting this monitor AOC 27B1H Full HD 27" LED Monitor (https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/pc-monitors/pc-monitors/aoc-27b1h-full-hd-27-led-monitor-black-10181313-pdt.html) and maybe in future i'll buy second one.

yeah thats just a plain 1080 60hz monitor so effectively you really only need to hit 60fps which a 1060 6gb can do just fine at 1080

1 minute ago, emosun said:

yeah thats just a plain 1080 60hz monitor so effectively you really only need to hit 60fps which a 1060 6gb can do just fine at 1080

okay i see, i have one more question, should i stay at 16 gb ram or should i go down to 8 gb ram and put more into cpu or should i leave it as it is now ?

it might be easier to add 8gb of ram to the machine in the future vs buying 16gb right now and having to upgrade the cpu later.

provided nothing you do requires 16gb of ram you might be able to get by with 8 if you want a faster cpu.

Just now, emosun said:

it might be easier to add 8gb of ram to the machine in the future vs buying 16gb right now and having to upgrade the cpu later.

provided nothing you do requires 16gb of ram you might be able to get by with 8 if you want a faster cpu.

Hmm, yeah thats true its easier to buy 8gb ram in future then replacing whole cpu, also i do some video editing and 3d modelling in programs like autodesk maya and zbrush. 

You know what i think i will go for 8 gb ram for now and invest in the cpu and if i will need more ram ill just buy another 8gb. what do you think ?

If you go with 8 gig as a 2x4 probably best to check QVL to make sure it'll run 4x4 if that's the route you go.

Rawr.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (£270.00 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  (£19.39 @ Box Limited) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B360M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£70.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£148.17 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£52.99 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Toshiba - P300 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£57.59 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB JetStream Video Card  (£239.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£39.59 @ Aria PC) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£47.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £946.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-27 05:03 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W