worst day every

Qtip1318

so today i went to my computer to find that it was frozen so i restart it and it keeps freezing weird new computer should not do that. well i went on and thought it might be the hdd so i cloned the drive boot it up and it seems to work for about 2 hours went on and then if frozen ones again well to speed things up checked everything ram video card nope then i decide to take apart the rig to find that my cpu power cord is melted to the 8 pin connector damb looks like my power supply line is dead and now i don't know if i can get the plastic out to save the board...

any way dose any one maybe know what would make this happen would it be my PSU or mobo i have to get a new PSU anyway now but if i do will my mobo do this again?

and to top it all off this means i have to take all the money i have been saving for a new video card even the gift cards for christmas to fix this i guess my video car will have to wait a 6 months to get it

so today i went to my computer to find that it was frozen so i restart it and it keeps freezing weird new computer should not do that. well i went on and thought it might be the hdd so i cloned the drive boot it up and it seems to work for about 2 hours went on and then if frozen ones again well to speed things up checked everything ram video card nope then i decide to take apart the rig to find that my cpu power cord is melted to the 8 pin connector damb looks like my power supply line is dead and now i don't know if i can get the plastic out to save the board...

any way dose any one maybe know what would make this happen would it be my PSU or mobo i have to get a new PSU anyway now but if i do will my mobo do this again?

and to top it all off this means i have to take all the money i have been saving for a new video card even the gift cards for christmas to fix this i guess my video car will have to wait a 6 months to get it

a picture or two of the problem would be helpful. doubt you'd be using monster

amperage to develop that much heat to melt the connector end.

a picture or two of the problem would be helpful. doubt you'd be using monster

amperage to develop that much heat to melt the connector end.

If that cable had a surge or a short on it for some reason that would cause it.

@Qtip1318 I hope that whatever happened to that cable/PSU didn't damage other components.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

looks the the motherboard still works but with the 8 pin and the 4 pin but i don't know if anything is going i used a different like to test it and i got the pc to boot